Gun Safe dehumidifier

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Is there one that you recommend? I need one that is wireless . We recently moved and I had to put a gun safe in an unfinished basement and I dont want to take any chances of moister

mark-7mag

Run a dehumidifier in your basement and all will be good.
It’s a full size basement. How big of a dehumidifier and how often?

Gator89

It’s a full size basement. How big of a dehumidifier and how often?

Does your basement have a sump pump? Set up the dehumidifier to automatically empty into the sump and your safe will be good and keep your basement from being damp and musty during the rainy seasons.

mark-7mag

Does your basement have a sump pump? Set up the dehumidifier to automatically empty into the sump and your safe will be good and keep your basement from being damp and musty during the rainy seasons.
There is no sump

Gator89

Then you have to dump the container out every couple of weeks.

I ran a dehumidifier in my garage/basement in Peachtree Corners, worked well controlling humidity down there. Since part of the basement had been finished with a small bathroom, there was a sump pump to utilize.

Rabun

Why don’t you install a power outlet next to the safe and install a golden rod in the safe. My safe is in unfinished basement as well and I’ve never had an issue. Another thing...if you haven’t make sure the safe is elevated off of the concrete floor.