Gun Store - After Election

rosewood

Glad your wally world has ammo. The ones I frequent have nothing except some shotgun shells.
The bad thing is, this particular one is in the worst neighborhood of the 3 in Macon. Folks that shop there don't know what a 25-06 is.

Jester896

Senior Clown
funny...my buddy got a line on 50K small pistol primers and accepted 20K now and the rest shortly...guy said he just sold off 1M to Corbon...we will see how it pans out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dub

deerslayer357

funny...my buddy got a line on 50K small pistol primers and accepted 20K now and the rest shortly...guy said he just sold of 1M to Corbon...we will see how it pans out.
he going to resell or keep for himself? I could use 1-2k if reasonably priced

Nimrod71

Well it's that time again, my day to work at the LGS. I was by there earlier this week and check the ammo rack, I have never seen it that low, I hope we have something to sale today. There were plenty of hunting rifles and shotguns. There were a few holes in the pistol and revolver cases and there were a few ARs left. I ask about the ammo and was told that the store received two allotments a week, the problem was you never know what is in the shipment. The owner said everything was on order and the distributers sent whatever they had on hand.

Nimrod71

Well I made another day at the LGS. We had one heck of a day. You have thought you were at Wal Mart, we were some kind of busy. Rifles, shotguns and ARs were the name of the game today. Pistol and revolver sales were down from my previous weekend. I sold my first 6.5 Grendel today, the customer bought it to shoot hogs at night with thermal site. We had more people come in asking for ammo than usual. The sad fact is we didn't have ammo either. Today besides the major handgun ammo were were out of 223/5.56, 243, 270 Win, 7mm=08, 30-30, 308, All Slugs and Buckshot. Over $50,000 is on order but distributers are allocating it as they get it, we never know what will be on the truck if any. Oh well that's life. It goes back to story of the ant and grasshopper. The ant stored supplies for hard times the grasshopper played all day. We know the answer, the ant survived and the grass hopper died.

Reactions: Dub

MOTS

What's making the 30-30 so sought after? I know why now after the election as with all ammo. But it's upwards from 60.00 to 80.00 a box of 20 making the 9mm and .223 look plentiful.

Jester896

Senior Clown
on ammoseek I see 1 for $99.95 with $5.00 shipping...you could ride here and load them for that.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
What's making the 30-30 so sought after? I know why now after the election as with all ammo. But it's upwards from 60.00 to 80.00 a box of 20 making the 9mm and .223 look plentiful.

My guess is there ain't been a CoreLokt made since Remy went 'Rupt...There would go a large portion of supply, right there.

Rich M

The prices of ammo is amazing. $50/$60 for a box of plane jane ammo.

Someone on another forum spent over $300 for some shotgun slugs and self defense ammo. Prolly be well worth it if he got a nice buck and saved his house from invasion. Otherwise seemed like $50 worth of ammo to me.

Nimrod71

Ammo levels have gotten down to panic levels and people feel they need it at any price. Your money is only worth what it will buy. The first New Ford F-150 4 X # with Air & Auto Trans, Power Brake & Steering cost $4,800. I looked at a similar truck last week for $50,000. No I want pay the current asking price on Ammo nor for a new truck.

rosewood

I was in Alexanders today, they had .380 so I thought I'd pick up a couple boxes for my sister (I don't have any .380, don't want one either). I kept looking for the limit signs but didn't see any.

So I asked the counter guy what's the limit...he says until you run out of money or we run out of ammo whichever comes first. I thought that sounds good, so I grabbed 3 boxes so as not to be greedy, went to counter to pay and they were $39.95/box of 50 fmj :hair:

Needless to say, they went back to where I found them. I aint about to pay no $40 for box of .380 for a caliber I don't even shoot, not even for my sister. :crazy:

What they really meant, was as many as you can buy before crying uncle....

Old Coach

I was at AO Friday right after lunch, they had Win. white box 9mm
in 100 rd bx for 49.95. It was flying off the shelves. Looked to be over 200 boxes left.It was all gone by Saturday AM.

Nimrod71

The answer to ammo shortage is: How much do you NEED. Need is the factor. If you have a gun and no ammo, yes you need some, but how much. How much do you plan on shooting, or what do you plan on shooting. As for hunting a couple of boxes of 22's will last most hunters a season or two. As for high powered rifle and if you are a good shotMand hunter the most ammo you may need would be a box or two. Now shotgun shells are a different story, for deer or hog just a few 5 round boxes of buckshot or slugs. Bird hunting is where you may need a case or two of shells, birds can be hard to hit. As for pistol and revolver ammo, what are you using it for, home protection maybe a box, hunting may two boxes.

Target shooting is where you can burn up a lot of ammo. Is target shooting necessary? Well yes and no. Yes if you don't know how to shoot. No if you already know how an are good at hitting the target. Most target shooting is for fun and enjoyment like other things, going to the movies, eating out, boat riding, skiing, ballgames, fishing and so on. In all of these you have to pay to play. Recently my wife ask to go eat at the new restaurant in town, I told her No I was going to pay $80 for a steak I could cook at home. Same with ammo, if you are going to shoot now days you are going to pay the price.

So, how much do you need. Are you hutning, protecting you home and love ones, target shooting or preparing for a war?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
None of anyone’s business how much I want or how much I need.

We have errr had a free economy where supply and demand made money for companies! If I had stock in a ammo plant. I would want it up and running.
Most make certain ammo in LOTs and assign it a number. Change number after so many rounds and machines are recalibrated. Quality and safety control.

Some folks shoot rifle ammo for fun. Others pistol ammo. Others shotguns. We who shoot enjoy it.

Enjoy shooting y’all.

K

Jester896

Senior Clown
None of anyone’s business how much I want or how much I need.K

But if you buy too much they call you out as a hoarder...then by golly if you sell any of it it... and make a profit... you mysteriously turn into a gouger

We have errr had a free economy where supply and demand made money for companies! If I had stock in a ammo plant. I would want it up and running.
Most make certain ammo in LOTs and assign it a number. Change number after so many rounds and machines are recalibrated. Quality and safety control.

Some folks shoot rifle ammo for fun. Others pistol ammo. Others shotguns. We who shoot enjoy it.

Enjoy shooting y’all.

K
speaking of free economy...Top Bait just got a small shipment of ammo...so it is out there.
more free economy...you used to be able to buy primers for small pistol for $25K.. today the going rate seems to be $100K...yet some expect you to sell the ammo at the same price you did before...they don't care if you go outta business...they seem extra selfish only looking out for themselves....then will complain the loudest because that place has now gone out of business and they have to travel even farther and still pay more...smh

if you need it buy it if you don't...don't.. and quit nagging

Yotedawg

We are headed for a full blown doodoo hitting the fan situation. Prepare accordingly......let me rephrase that.....you should already be prepared for it. If not, when it happens and you're caught with your pants around your ankles, you aren't going to care what 1k of primers cost, or a box of fmj 9mm.

*Hint*.....If I don't have it now I would be getting it.

Last edited:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
But if you buy too much they call you out as a hoarder...then by golly if you sell any of it it... and make a profit... you mysteriously turn into a gouger

speaking of free economy...Top Bait just got a small shipment of ammo...so it is out there.
more free economy...you used to be able to buy primers for small pistol for $25K.. today the going rate seems to be $100K...yet some expect you to sell the ammo at the same price you did before...they don't care if you go outta business...they seem extra selfish only looking out for themselves....then will complain the loudest because that place has now gone out of business and they have to travel even farther and still pay more...smh

if you need it buy it if you don't...don't.. and quit nagging
I was in there yesterday. No 410 shells. Still bought the gun. ?
May of been the day before.
Yea was.