Gunslinger tree climber...

M77 Ruger

Anybody own one of these and what do you think about them? I have never owned or used a climber but can see where it can be a value able tool. I not a big fan of heights but seeing deer I can overcome that. Also it will be one of those deals where I will leave it out for a couple of months or so during hunting season and wondering how they hold up to being left out. Facing the tree will make me feel much better about the heights and will also give me a rest when shooting the rifle.

deerstand

mine are 10- 15 years old, show no signs of aging from being left in the woods all fall. it can be a little scary trusting the stand when you first lean back away from the tree, probably a little more so than in a stand when the tree is to your back.... but once you lean back and get comfy.... you can sit there all day.... i Bow hunt out of mine as well... the biggest thing i like about facing the tree is you can position the tree between you and where you expect the deer to come from or be... say a food plot or feeder... use the tree to hide some movement. of course deer never do whats expected...

Highintheshoulder

I was the same way, I have had my gunslinger for 8 years now and love it. I will go up to about 25 ft now, it took me a little while but its very safe.

M77 Ruger

I can't decide which would be better the gun slinger or a summit Goliath. I want it for both rifle and crossbow hunting

Bigbook

Owned mine for twenty years. I'm 6'4" and 315 lbs (have fallen asleep in it three times when high up a pine tree) don't tell anyone ..

joey1919

The gunslinger is the best climbing stand made for its intended purpose. I had one for several years until someone decided they needed it worse than I did. It's not a stand for long hikes but It is the most comfortable stand I've ever hunted from. I love facing the tree, especially for gun hunting. You've always got a good rest. I'm primarily a bow hunter and loved bow hunting out of it also. I have an extremely light weight climber now but it's nowhere near as comfortable or stable. the gunslinger is super stable. get one. You won't regret it.

RedHeader

My father in law has one and its the most comfortable stand I've ever been in. I'll nab it if I'm close to the house or down in the flat lands hunting. But a little too heavy to lug around the mountains.

JohnK

I used to have a couple of gunslingers and they are good, safe stands, maybe the most comfortable to sit in. They are also a pain to tote around and hang in the dark, too heavy, too awkward to set up. If you start using a climber you will want to move it to different trees a lot, why not if it's easy? Mobility is something I don't want to give up. I'd look at the Goliath or a Tree walker if you want to face the tree. I'm using a Treewalker now and it sits good, not as comfortable as the Gunslinger but way faster on and off the tree and lighter as well.

Highintheshoulder

I have both gunslinger and goliath and use the gunslinger more often.

abcmh

Gunslinger is a great stand I would also look at the buckshot I think they started making them again maybe under a another name I have 3 of each u might feel a little safer in the buckshot

Bigbook

Mine is old enough it's got blades. ,last time I saw one for sale it had teeth cut into quarter inch plate aluminum. Has something changed since then ?

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I love my gunslinger and have used 1 for at least 10 yrs with no issues, I also have a summit and I feel safer with the blades !

Latest posts