Hail Damage

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
We were camping at Gulf State Park when we had a hail storm hit April 9-10 in the middle of the night. We had hail damage to both the rv and our car. The car was a total loss. Damages to our car exceeded 28,000.The rv made it to the shop today. The reason for the delay is the lot at the repair shop is full to capacity and needing a rain free day to take it there. What a mess. 6 rvs in our family and their vehicles were there as well. All suffered major damages.

Attachments

• 20210410_175622.jpg
    20210410_175622.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 140
  • 20210419_074904.jpg
    20210419_074904.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 143
  • 20210410_175740.jpg
    20210410_175740.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 144

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Fist sized misshapen hail. I have been in a lot of storms in my 68 years, but that was among the worst. We rode it out in the rv. It happened in the middle of the night and there was no place else to go.

Havana Dude

Oh wow!!! I sure hope insurance isn’t giving y’all a hassle. But I’m sure they are. Hate that for ya!!!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
The insurance companies are helpful so far. They totalled my Ford Transit with 33,000 miles. But sent a low adjustment on the Rv . The repair shop says the actual repair cost might double. But the insurance company says they are open to listening to the shops assessment.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
On an a positive note....your pics are a testament to the max airs installed! Althouh the vents under them will be removed anyway on the reroof. Is it rubber or pvc?

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
On an a positive note....your pics are a testament to the max airs installed! Althouh the vents under them will be removed anyway on the reroof. Is it rubber or pvc?
I. Not sure what the material is. Some have said rubber others say TPO. I really don't know.i do know its thin and soft. It has dozens of punctures clean thru. The biggest difference in the adjustment from the insurance and the early assessment from the repair shop is cost of roof replacement. Both agree that it has to be replaced.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Good thing being under a roof. Those wold have left a heck of a mark if they hit you.

Deadly!!! My niece's mom and dad in law notified me this morning that their 5th wheel is a total loss.

GA1dad

Holy Cow Man!!! Glad you were able to weather it with no injuries though!!

Sixes

Just settled last week with our insurance. Total value loss on wife's SUV.

Now, trying to find a replacement and that hasn't been easy

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Just settled last week with our insurance. Total value loss on wife's SUV.

Now, trying to find a replacement and that hasn't been easy
Everything is sky high!!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Yes