Help!! Anybody know if this is possible?

BRANCHWYNN

just switched from VERIZON to ALLTEL. Got a samsung that I really dont like. I had about a 2 month old LG BOULDER when I switched to ALLTEL, salesman told me that I could not use the LG since I was switching carriers. Was told later that it is possible, but this other person was not sure how its done......anybody got an idea. SURE WOULD APPRECIATE the help...thanks.

boneboy96

check with the Alltel business office. They would know if they can unlock the phone and set it up to Alltel's service. I'm pretty sure it can be done.

NOYDB

BANNED
Alltel and Verizon both use CDMA networks, the phone should be compatible. However, some ph cos load disabling software to prevent switching.

If it's possible they will help you do it. Try to visit one of their stores and find the resident geek. Also check some of the phone forums, there's folks that can hack any phone made.

Doyle

If you wait a little, it may become easier. Altel and Verizon are merging. I think (but I'm not sure) that the stock transacton has already taken place. It should only be a matter of time until they get their operations merged.

win280

Alltel and Verizon both use CDMA networks, the phone should be compatible. However, some ph cos load disabling software to prevent switching.

If it's possible they will help you do it. Try to visit one of their stores and find the resident geek. Also check some of the phone forums, there's folks that can hack any phone made.

x2 it can be done on some phones