Hendersons catfish restaurant days are limited

3ringer

We ate there Saturday night. Catfish , hush puppies and slaw are as good as ever. I had the catfish fingerling plate. I prefer the little cats. AYCE fish dinner will cost you 25 bucks. Catfish sure are expensive now. We asked how much longer will they be open. They said the State could close them down any day now. So if you want some good catfish from a restaurant that has been open since the fourties , you better visit soon.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Why are they closing? I have heard of this place, just never made it up there yet.

State is widening the road and taking their parking lot.

3ringer

The road project is well underway. They are working around them for the time being. The owners are tired and don't want to move. The owners adult children don't have any interest in continuing this restaurant somewhere else. So it will be closed. At least this is what I was told.

Cmp1

BANNED
Love catfish, but 25 bucks for ayce,,,, that has got to be the best catfish in the world for that price,,,, you can get walleye ayce up here for 14 bucks,,,, which is a lot better than catfish IMHO,,,,

Dr. Strangelove

Love catfish, but 25 bucks for ayce,,,, that has got to be the best catfish in the world for that price,,,, you can get walleye ayce up here for 14 bucks,,,, which is a lot better than catfish IMHO,,,,

Yep. That's a bit much for catfish.

JonathanG2013

Yes that is true $25.00 for AYCE crab legs might work. Stinks the state is shutting them down. I hope they get a good bit of money for it.

3ringer

25 bucks is a bit steep for catfish but it is close to my home. Blue Willow in Social Circle charges 25 bucks for a ayce seafood buffet with catfish. That is a better deal but further away. Falls View restaurant at High Falls no longer has ayce cats. They now charge about 18 bucks for a pound and a half of catfish. I cried when they closed down the Rio Vista. I think when it closed , ayce cats were about 9 bucks. There are not many catfish farmers anymore so the prices have really gone up. I heard there is a pretty good seafood buffet with catfish in Barnesville for 15 bucks. I need to hit that one soon.