Herschel walker

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I met Herschel at a food show. He had a product (#34 wings) or something along those lines. Did anything ever become of it?? I don't think I even tried any cause when I walked by the booth I didn't know it was his.
He had a restaurant in Athens for a little while. I ate there a few times. It was alright.

MudDucker

Staff member
John Cooper, that was a moment, wasn't it? Leaving cleat marks on the front of Bill Bate's, future 15 year NFL all-pro, jersey.

With that play, he sent a message that he was pretty special.

I was at that game. We were sweating in the stands because the Vols were ahead ... then here it comes, Herschel running over Bates and busting through 2 others. At that point, when we looked at the Vol bench, they were in shock and hangin' there heads and we knew ... SuperDawg has arrived.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
He had a restaurant in Athens for a little while. I ate there a few times. It was alright.
Maybe that was what he was doing at the food show, but as I understood it he had at least one wholesale product. I never knew he had a restaurant.

DannyW

For those born after 1975 or so, you probably didn't see Hershel Walker play. And you are probably wondering what us old farts are raving about.

Go to YouTube and search for 'Hershel Walker UGA'. There is a 14:38 minute video of his collegiate highlights (that should tell you something, who has 14+ minutes of HIGHLIGHTS???

You will see how he ran over, around, and past the defenses. How quickly he hit holes. Watching the video reminded me again of perhaps his greatest asset, his ability to break tackles. Seldom did one player take him down. And his balance and body control..wow!

If you are a Georgia fan, and didn't get to witness Hershel in his day, you owe it to yourself to watch the video.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
One of my good friends trained with Herschel for the olympic bobsledding team. Said Herschel was a good dude, quiet and stuck to himself.

MudDucker

Staff member
One of my good friends trained with Herschel for the olympic bobsledding team. Said Herschel was a good dude, quiet and stuck to himself.

I was in school with him. His tutor lived two doors down from me. We sat and talked many times while waiting on this tutor to arrive. Herschel is the real deal.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
For those born after 1975 or so, you probably didn't see Hershel Walker play. And you are probably wondering what us old farts are raving about.

Go to YouTube and search for 'Hershel Walker UGA'. There is a 14:38 minute video of his collegiate highlights (that should tell you something, who has 14+ minutes of HIGHLIGHTS???

You will see how he ran over, around, and past the defenses. How quickly he hit holes. Watching the video reminded me again of perhaps his greatest asset, his ability to break tackles. Seldom did one player take him down. And his balance and body control..wow!

If you are a Georgia fan, and didn't get to witness Hershel in his day, you owe it to yourself to watch the video.
True that! I was one of the lucky ones. This is him and my best friends hubby who was a trainer for UGA at the time. Him and Hershel were pretty good friends.
Hershel.jpg