Hound doggers this weekend!

strothershwacker

It sounds like we need to have big ol' BBQ in the spring time at the Chattahoochee. Let's invite the bow hunters, the dog hunters, the rifle hunters, and the DNR. I bet we could have some good discussions. Maybe a few adult beverages could be shared to help folks put down their clubs and pitchforks.
:deadhorse:

Then we can all unite and go storm the Bavarian village! :flag:
Just break out the bottle Hoss, I'll tell you bout the Drifting Cowboy Band.....

Heath

No sense in beatin each other up and acting like you know it all because you dont I'm sure of that! Neither do I, how is my info biased just because you dont agree. I have run hogs and seen good dogs in action. Never bears but I know when you run dogs you do what you can to keep up and limit the time these animals are bayed you also protect your dogs, I agree it needs to be cooler for the dogs to wear the protection, another reason the hunt should be pushed back a bit. We are all fellow hunters but dont act like your opinion is the only correct one. Again just agree to disagree if you dont like what us bow hunters have to say. My head can be hard as your at times.

Not beating you up at all, you don’t feel it’s poor judgement to make assertions about something you’ve never done? I wouldn’t tell you how to do your job. Heck, I wouldn’t even tell you how to train a bear dog and I’ve done it. That’s because I know there is far more to it than what most people will ever realize. I don’t know it all. I do know a thing or two about bears, most of which, many on here will never know. Why, because I spend 200+ days a year with them and in close proximity to them. Both in a tree stand and behind dogs. In multiple states. My opinions are just that, opinions. But they come from 20 years of absolute dogged pursuit both still hunting and running dogs. I am both and can accurately share my opinion because I hunt both ways and can see the pros and cons to both sides. How can you and I have a discussion where we relay our experiences when you have none in one half of the discussion. I don’t claim to be the best or know the most, but I can and have had knowledgeable conversations with biologists, still hunters, and hound men in 10 different states. Its always the ones who have never done much that give the most trouble, they are entitled and think there opinions should count for more than science or facts. I enjoy poking at these threads because it’s the same few over and over and over again that have their feathers ruffled. I agree with you, your opinions weigh just as much as mine. Your facts don’t hold water! Being hard headed is a great thing and I’m glad you’ve got some backbone about you. When you get those good dogs trained up, come up and we’ll make a lap and talk. Who knows, we might even stumble across some of this easy to catch game.

Christian hughey

Not beating you up at all, you don’t feel it’s poor judgement to make assertions about something you’ve never done? I wouldn’t tell you how to do your job. Heck, I wouldn’t even tell you how to train a bear dog and I’ve done it. That’s because I know there is far more to it than what most people will ever realize. I don’t know it all. I do know a thing or two about bears, most of which, many on here will never know. Why, because I spend 200+ days a year with them and in close proximity to them. Both in a tree stand and behind dogs. In multiple states. My opinions are just that, opinions. But they come from 20 years of absolute dogged pursuit both still hunting and running dogs. I am both and can accurately share my opinion because I hunt both ways and can see the pros and cons to both sides. How can you and I have a discussion where we relay our experiences when you have none in one half of the discussion. I don’t claim to be the best or know the most, but I can and have had knowledgeable conversations with biologists, still hunters, and hound men in 10 different states. Its always the ones who have never done much that give the most trouble, they are entitled and think there opinions should count for more than science or facts. I enjoy poking at these threads because it’s the same few over and over and over again that have their feathers ruffled. I agree with you, your opinions weigh just as much as mine. Your facts don’t hold water! Being hard headed is a great thing and I’m glad you’ve got some backbone about you. When you get those good dogs trained up, come up and we’ll make a lap and talk. Who knows, we might even stumble across some of this easy to catch game.
I enjoy these discussions and appreciate your point of view. My assumption is clear and valid as yours. I have a hound at home, wouldn't tree a flea because he was trained to be a fat lazy house dog. Your dog is trained on bear, not to say he doesn't love it, heck they are just crazy as us but I'm also sure that dog doesn't truly know he is about to corner something 20 times his size. Not saying your wrong for putting him in that situation at all. I love hunting period, of any kind and would not mind seeing this in action for myself. Guess we can talk more about it at next year's annual bear bbq.

NGA44

I checked one in at Chestatee yesterday afternoon. There were 36 total killed. 33 were from Chattahoochee and only 2 of those were male, the rest were females.

Timberman

I checked one in at Chestatee yesterday afternoon. There were 36 total killed. 33 were from Chattahoochee and only 2 of those were male, the rest were females.

So only 3 off of Chestatee?

Christian hughey

Hooch proves itself year after year. Hope this does some good for the boar - sow ratio. Would definitely like to see some heavy weight fat head boars killed.

Latest posts