How many hours in the woods this past season...

GTHunter007

How many hours did you spend deer hunting?

How many deer did you kill?

trhankinson

I spent about 120 hours actually hunting (30 days ish x 4 hours each) Didn't use a log last year but will this year. Killed 6 deer. 4 on my lease, 1 on a club lease and 1 at ossabaw.

Last edited:

Trapnfish

I killed 1 doe and 2 bucks. I passed on 150+ deer throughout the season. Could have been more I didn't count .

deast1988

240 hrs of stand time
187 seen from the stand.

10 taken

5 with the compound
5 with the rifle
2 off a WMA quota with bonus tags used

1 miss with the compound
9 misses with the longbow

I've got a nice 8 with my bow and helped 6 other bucks get drug out.

Actual hunts 80

H

Hammer Spank

No idea. Hundreds Id guess.

Killed six. Seen 50-100 deer proly

swamp hunter

Spent a month and a half at my lease. Seen a bunch of deer. Shot 1 8 and 1 7. Couple hogs , a fair amount of rabbits and a couple wood ducks.
Explored some new spots, sat around the fire with good folks, buried my Jeep in a Creek and blew the starter, walked 4 miles and swam another creek to get back to camp , collected Lightern Knots and looked for arrowheads...:cool:

southerndraw

A pile of hours...4 deer between georgia and alabama. Seen a lot of deer.

Drexal

Under 100 hrs (the least amount in at least 7 years). 4 deer - 1 bow/3 rifle. Passed up a bunch.

hold em hook

Hundred+ i really have no idea. I killed a doe early then 2 bucks with the last being Dec 29! Hunted more than I ever had before.

bowbuck

Less than 50 hrs in 12 sits. Killed three deer and hit two others with bow. 1 grazed doe and one 8 pt I still am not sure how I didnt kill it/find it. The least amount of time in a decade. I do alot of internet scouting and quick 30 minute scouting sessions between work and 3 kids. Felt pretty good about killing two deer on public land on the first sit in a new place located on a topo map from the computer.

ted_BSR

Estimate 130 hours actually hunting. Probably times five between driving, planting, napping, and being at camp through the entire year. Saw about a dozen. Killed 2. Doe with a muzzle loader early on, and a good sized spike in late December. Plenty of meat for my little family, and plenty of good times had! All "goals" for the season were accomplished!