How to climb SRT for saddle hunting

OffTheBeatnPath

I think multiple sticks would be a little easier to climb with, but as you mentioned a 3 or 4 pound weight penalty ends up being a big deal if you hunt public land in the mountains. We are often hunting a couple of miles from the truck, and it’s not like walking 2 miles around the neighborhood. Very steep and rough country, and after a while, you start feeling every one of those pounds.
I’m familiar with hunting the CNF hills. I agree those pounds add up, it’s a world of difference for me between 4 hawk sticks and the 3 latitudes I run now.

I just couldn’t ever get comfortable one sticking, was just too much hassle for me. One good thing about saddle hunting there’s a million different ways to do it

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I've been hunting out of a saddle for 4 years and have tried a few different methods of climbing, watched buddies one stick and they all seem to end up back with multiple sticks.. just didn't seem worth it to me to save 3-4 pounds.
Is this method just to have a lighter load going to / from woods ?
I've been using 3 lattitude sticks with triple step aiders and get close to 30 feet, they are super light as well and really bite the tree
For me the move to one stick was more of the cumbersomeness of 3 sticks…….I’d have to agree multiple sticks with a lineman’s belt is the easier way to get up if the sticks are there. The appeal of the SRT Is no slack ever(like when 1sticking) and getting into bigger, not straight trees. Finding a good crotch I can set up this way hasn’t been easy either…..kind of frustrating really.
I do like this way and while I’m not smooth yet, but I see it’s potential and ease of use. Fun is an understatement and thats The main thing for me!