How to watch the Braves this year?

REDMOND1858

Iv noticed that most of the major streaming services have lost the rights to FOX Sports South, and for the life of me I am not getting stuck with DISH or DIRECTV for 2 years just to watch the Braves. Anyone know of any options to watch them? Or is everyone just waiting it out to see if they renew tv contracts before the season starts?

biggdogg

I had read today that the contracts should be worked out by the start of the regular season. Fingers crossed. I have no desire to go back to cable or satellite. I'll just buy a nice radio and listen in.

livetohunt

Dish doesn't carry Fox Sports South either. Unless they recently worked the dispute out. Last season no Braves on Dish.

Shadow11

YouTube tv had it last year, but like you said they dropped fss as soon as the season ended. Surely someone will resign. I just hope direct tv isn't the only one. I can't stand those ppl. Their way of saying thank you for being a loyal customer for 15 years is to raise your bill from 80.00 to 130.00 for some crap that doesn't work half the time.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I had read today that the contracts should be worked out by the start of the regular season. Fingers crossed. I have no desire to go back to cable or satellite. I'll just buy a nice radio and listen in.

Same here. I think the Fox Sports GO app may have FSS. I downloaded it a month ago in anticipation of the season but I haven't looked at it since. I'll be screwed if it isn't. We ditched Comcast and got Hulu for half the price with twice the content and we ain't going back to being tied to a string.

Jeetdawg

Waiting for the contracts to renew. The regional networks are gonna need some revenue with all the streaming services dropping them. Might take a week or two into the season, but someone is gonna blink.

Shadow11

How to watch the Braves this year?

with your eyes closed., no better time to take a nap....
Next Georgia team to win a championship.
I'll just listen to the Braves on the radio if that ends up being the only option. AT&T will never see another dime from me.

AT&T, Directv, and FedEx are the 3 worst companies that I have dealt with in my 40 years of life, and I completely despise them. I do my best to avoid all 3 when possible. If Directv or AT&T are the only options... I'm going back to the radio

Last edited:

AceOfTheBase

Any thing new on OP ??
Think that ATT streaming and MLB.tv will block local games anyway - doesn't work for us.

Shadow11

Nothing new that I have found. Hopefully there will be some deals worked out. If I had to guess, someone will pick them up at around opening day.

highbeam

Don't watch the Brave's, listen to the Braves. My local Fox Sports radio station in Upstate SC finally will broadcast the Braves games this season. I listen to the radio more since I cut the cable 10 years ago. I was able to negotiate with the wife to reroute the revenue savings to my hunting gadgets, if you know what I mean.

Baroque Brass

We watched them on Hulu last season, hopefully they will carry the games this year.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Baroque Brass

Well, I thought it was Hulu. We had Fox South through somebody and Hulu is mostly what we use. Maybe we had to add it separately. I’ll post when I find out.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Well, I thought it was Hulu. We had Fox South through somebody and Hulu is mostly what we use. Maybe we had to add it separately. I’ll post when I find out.

We've got Hulu too. There's a Fox Sports package that has Fox South in it.