Hump Day Fried Fish

ryork

C137E48F-FFF9-47D6-A8AE-AA003502C247.jpegB42BCBD6-11F7-4A15-AF5C-0D2A27B83E8E.jpeg910C9C83-A911-4E48-B9D4-2A51B13E66A8.jpegAEA44F94-BE3E-4AE5-83B5-EF8CEC69AAE2.jpegHit the river today for a little while and loaded up on some white bass and yellow bellies. These little yellow bass have about leapt to the top of my best tasting freshwater fish list. Caught somewhere north of 150 total in about five hours. Fried up some tonight along with some onion rings, purple cabbage slaw and homemade tarter sauce.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
View attachment 1219627View attachment 1219628View attachment 1219629View attachment 1219630Hit the river today for a little while and loaded up on some white bass and yellow bellies. These little yellow bass have about leapt to the top of my best tasting freshwater fish list. Caught somewhere north of 150 total in about five hours. Fried up some tonight along with some onion rings, purple cabbage slaw and homemade tarter sauce.
I'm just gonna go ahead build us a shack under that bridge and claim it a homestead. :rofl:

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
These little yellow bass have about leapt to the top of my best tasting freshwater fish list.
How many locals did we run into that day that HATED them? Wished we'd catch everyone of them nasty things out of "their" river? IF they only knew..

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
As always!!! Top Shelf eats!!!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Good times , fine meal and many more !

ryork

How many locals did we run into that day that HATED them? Wished we'd catch everyone of them nasty things out of "their" river? IF they only knew..

It’s amazing, nobody keeps them…. The guy that was with me yesterday, his son in the photo, is who introduced me to the area in general and my first time on that water was with him. He had never considered keeping one, now he specifically targets them after having his first one a little over a month ago. I’m not joking when I say I prefer them over crappie.