Hunter's View Hawk??????

Swab

Does anyone have experience with this climber?? I know it's pretty inexpensive and that may not be the best thing to look at when purchasing something that will have you hanging from a tree 20 feet in the air but I thought I'd get some opinions anyway.

Thanks, Swab

mpowell

a friend of mine has one--it's so-so. it is cheaply priced.

i'd spend a few more bucks and go to bass pro. buy an API grand slam. you won't be dissapointed. last mail-out i got from them had them on sale for $200.

LAKOTA

I think my bro-law has one that came from Wal-mart? Main problem for me would be that it's a heavy load (steel).

Catfish369

I have and use the Hawk. After a couple years of sitting in a lock-on, it's pretty dang comfortable to me. I can sit comfortably in it for 6 hours and not have to shift around at all. I like it.

Vectorman

I purchased one last year on sale at sports authority. It was less than $50. It's very heavy, you have to fight with the cables and pins to get them adjusted. I bought it to have an extra for friends, kids, etc. If I leave in the woods all week and someone steals it then I'm only out 50 bucks. If I see them on sale again I might buy a few more and leave them on trees for the whole season.

Vectorman

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
I've used one for a couple of years

It's fairly comfortable for a low priced stand, and it's weight and the fact that it is steel is it's only drawback :)

leo

Joe Moran

I bought one last year

I like it just fine. It is a little heavy, but for $98 it sure does sit comfortable. It has a nicely padded sling seat that you can adjust and kick back in a little.

It is a solid stand and I feel very safe using it. I mostly hunt out of ladder stands, but it sure makes it easy to jump around a little.