Hunting Posers

huntfish

Jorge said:
For the most part, everyone who has been in our club has been a hunter. Some with more experience and some more intense than others, but hunters nonetheless. However, we did have this one fellow. He had all the latest gizmos and could/would talk the talk (constantly). He had the newest fastest bow with an overdraw and crossbow bolt lenth arrows and bragged about shooting 320 fps. He carried a .454 Casull around with him and gun hunted with a .338 Win. Mag. He managed to kill exactly one deer that who season. A 45 lb. fawn doe (.338 WM did a number on it) despite claiming to see shooters just about every time he went into the woods. The only thing this guy was missing was a hunting vehicle. He actually showed up to camp driving a mini van.
Jorge,
Was the meat tender? ::ke: :rofl:

huntfish

I have no decals on my truck. I change in/out of my camo at the camp. I wear a suit to work. I personally, don't try to draw attention to myself about hunting. Vehicles that have stickers just announce to everyone, that there may be guns in the vehicle and are just bait for those ***.

I know many on this board who are pro staffers but I have yet to only meet them as great guys and have never heard them say "I'm a pro staffer for XXXX company" without being questioned about it first. Also, most pro staffers know their competitors just as well and if you looked in their safes, I bet you would fine other company products. No single company can provide everything, including bows and guns. IMHO, those with only their product are just a salesman.

Mossy0ak270

I can see what yall are saying, but the thing about Gwinnett is not totally true cause this kid from Gwinnett is not a poser. I'm nearing 22 if thats considered a kid. Hunting is my passion. Some may even call it an obsession. I call it a way of life. As far as stickers, I proudly display my GON and camo Browning buckhead sticker on my backglass. When I was young my dream was to be a conservation ranger. I really wanted to be at the School of Forest Resources at UGA. Financial and family issues kept me from attending, but I'd give anything to be there. If I ever hear someone say that guy's a poser, this Gwinnett kid will challenge any man on the highest ridge top or the lowest back country swamp and will show them just what a hunter, or in their words, what a poser is. I will politely stand them up and easily set them down. Hey, all us boys from Gwinnett are not posers. :fine:

Last edited: