Update:Hybrid bass stocking at paradise pfa?

mdgmc84

I was at paradise pfa checking out the canoe/kayak trail and to walk the trails behind tacklebuster a couple of weeks ago. While I was there I noticed signage at the turn for Lake Bobbin that posted limits for the different species. It had Hybrid Bass listed on it. Excuse the grainy photo, but this is the sign turning onto the drive to lake Bobbin from Google Earth. The sign at the at the bottom list the Hybrid Bass limit at 15.

I searched online and couldn't find anything about the state stocking them, but when I drove out to look at the lake I noticed a lot of top water activity that did not look like largemouth. I fished at paradise for years when I was in college, but I haven't been out there to fish since 2012 or so. Has anyone here fished out there or able to confirm they are stocking them there? I would start going back out there to try and catch some if they are stocking them.

paradisepfa.JPG

across the river

I would imagine they probably stock some from Bowens Mill or whatever that hatchery is down there that sticks the catfish in Paradise. I know McDuffie PFA raises stripers for the lake stocking. They will put some in a couple of the larger ponds there that people will catch, but I think they typically get caught or die before they reach much in the way of size. Would assume a similar situation ant Paradise and those are just some coming from the hatchery that are extras, holdovers, etc….

mdgmc84

I would imagine they probably stock some from Bowens Mill or whatever that hatchery is down there that sticks the catfish in Paradise. I know McDuffie PFA raises stripers for the lake stocking. They will put some in a couple of the larger ponds there that people will catch, but I think they typically get caught or die before they reach much in the way of size. Would assume a similar situation ant Paradise and those are just some coming from the hatchery that are extras, holdovers, etc….
Good to hear, it had rained right before I rode to the lake, it looked like there were three schools of fish busting bait on top water out in different areas. I may go try it this weekend.

catchdogs

Man we used wear that place out in college . Great fishing and normally not many people fishing but that was before the gon articles and it got to be so popular . Most mallards I ever seen was in the cypress pond . We caught over 60 one afternoon on top water all were chunks .

mdgmc84

I finally got someone on the phone at Paradise. They have been stocking hybrids for 4 years now in three of the ponds. I'm going to give it a try soon.