I think I am Ready!

frankwright

I bowhunted until 10:30 this morning and while the temperature was nice, I didn't see anything.

I had not shot my muzzleloader since last year so I figured I best give it a try.
60 Yards, shooting left handed because even though my left eye is not great, it is much better than the right. First shot from a clean barrel and 2nd shot hit side by side but a tad high.
I adjusted the peep sight down a hair and shot two more of the Powerbelt .54 348gr Aerotip bullets with 80grns of Goex FFG.

As good as my old eyes can do. I try to limit myself to 50/60 yards and think I can
put one in the good spot. Curious to see what the bullet does, I have heard Love/Hate about them. They sure load easy, no bullet starter needed.

Lyman DeerStalker rifle!
QuzVCUP.jpg

frankwright

GregoryB, I am doing everything in my power to keep shooting a sidelock rifle!
I have a CVA Optima with a scope I bought from a friend for $100 when he upgraded but I don't enjoy shooting it as much as the more traditional ones.
It came with front and rear FO sights but I couldn't make the rear sight work.
This gun is a little more modern designed and it had no dovetail for rear sight so I bought a Johnson Peep and had a friend drill and tap my barrel. I needed sight to go up a little so I drilled and tapped the sight and put in a set screw for adjustment!