Implement Weights

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Make you up a frame to hold a fifty five gallon drum in place on your harrow. Install a three quarter inch ball valve in threaded hole in barrel head. Turn the valve down to the bottom of the drum laying horizontally. Above the 3/4 inch hole is a two inch bung hole with a threaded bung screwed in. When you need weight put water in two inch opening, when you don’t need weight, drain the water out. Water weighs 8.34 lbs/gallon. Full drum is about 458 lbs.

Yep but it's my subsoiler that won't cut the dirt. Attaching a 55 gal drum to that will be a challenge. If I can get the dirt to turn my discs will cut it up just fine.

Big7

The Oracle
Not knowing exactly where you are but here there is a decent size scrap yard you can buy stuff by weight for just a little bit less than they would get if they had to do all the shipping, handling, paperwork and so fourth to wherever they eventually sell it to.

Just about any machine or welding shop will have a stock rack and they will sell @ retail by weight or by the foot depending on the shape of the pieces you want.

I can help you calculate all the weights by their shape if you don't already know. Rounds and square bars are easy to figure but odd shapes- you'll need to put a pencil to. Just let me know.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I’m sure my dad or uncle knows him . They are the ones that get stuff fixed…. I just help break it

That's how I found him - by breaking stuff. :bounce:

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
@elfiii Did you try adjusting the top link??

Is this yours?? If so, I wouldn't be adding weight IMO.

1693488229078.png

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Forgot to say drive in granny gear helps too

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
@elfiii Did you try adjusting the top link??

Is this yours?? If so, I wouldn't be adding weight IMO.

View attachment 1251378

Forgot to say drive in granny gear helps too

Yep. Already done all of that. It doesn't matter what the angle of the point is when the ground is this hard if you don't have a draft control. The hard ground forces the entire 3 point hitch system to pivot up and the point won't bite.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Yep. Already done all of that. It doesn't matter what the angle of the point is when the ground is this hard if you don't have a draft control. The hard ground forces the entire 3 point hitch system to pivot up and the point won't bite.
Was that pic like yours??

K80Shooter

Maybe dig a hole to get it started? :huh: If you ever get it started it will dig.

Honestly with mine adjusted right, I have never had an issue of it not digging in.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Maybe dig a hole to get it started? :huh: If you ever get it started it will dig.

Honestly with mine adjusted right, I have never had an issue of it not digging in.
I got some of it to turn but the higher up the slope the harder it got.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
If it is still that bad after the rain we got you might want the Forrest commission dozer to do the deed. Quicker and easier on your equipment
Nah. Bulldozer isn’t needed. Just some soil moisture.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
IMG_5054.jpeg

Das mo betta. She deep too.
IMG_5053.jpeg

sleepr71

A Coulter wheel mounted in front of the shank would probably help more than adding weight. They help start the furrow .. then the shank can head on down..:)