Is it legal to bait coyotes in GA ?

SuperCreech

I have two coyotes that have figured out my calling game and don’t want to play after watching there friends get killed coming in to calling.figured I would try baiting them i if it’s legal.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Gut piles work great!

SuperCreech

Just talked to the DNR department of law enforcement and they asked what I plan to use and I told a gravity feeder with dog food and a cell camera and the officer said that was just feeding coyotes and go ahead.so that’s my plan .i figured I could set it up in this drainage and then sit on top the hill and pop them from 200 yards a way with a good wind once I have them patterned

sleepr71

Road-kill works good. Problem is: they aren’t on a schedule. May be 8am,4pm,2am...whatever..when they decide to show up! I’ve tried it & was pretty frustrating..fruitless waste of time. Now placing traps around such “bait” piles would probably be a LOT more productive(as long as domestic Dogs/Cats aren’t around?)

SuperCreech

Road-kill works good. Problem is: they aren’t on a schedule. May be 8am,4pm,2am...whatever..when they decide to show up! I’ve tried it & was pretty frustrating..fruitless waste of time. Now placing traps around such “bait” piles would probably be a LOT more productive(as long as domestic Dogs/Cats aren’t around?)
Yeah unfortunately I have two random dogs with collars that come through and that’s why have not tried to trap them

chase870

Possum Sox
Got a gut pile out back put it out last night I check it two or three times a night when I let my dog out