It's Almost Time Folks.....The BIGGER ONE !!!!!

pstrahin

Thread on all of the midwest LIVE FROM THE TREE going on all season from state to state from Bubbabuck and the gang telling stories of the beast coming by and the near chances off having a shot while Jim Thompson is reporting from his house this year instead of the stand but if he was in the stand he would be in the wrong spot not seeing any deer and just taking pictures of his feet and posting them.:bounce::bounce::bounce: ::ke: :stir:

10-4. I look forward to reading about the adventures. I hope to get to go out west hunting some day.

Jim Boyd

Day 15, Baby... Day 15... two weeks from tomorrow!

Watched the game in St Louis last night and saw all of those bundled up people... will be hunting very close to that area - glad to see that cooler weather coming in.

I am not packed YET - cause I am still hunting in SC - but I am starting to "organize" my piles!!!

Let's see here... 15 days = 360 hours = 21,600 minutes. I can almost see that far!

13 hour drive (one way) and fuel bills.

Lease fees (2).

Motel costs.

2 permits in Illinois and 1 in Missouri.

Eats.

Cold beer.

Misc. Supplies.

$$$? I quit counting!

Sitting in a wooded ravine between a bean field and a cut corn field on 5 November at 6:00 am with a steaming cup of coffee... as you sit there in the darkness... waiting on daylight to begin to peek through... praying that a big boy cruises by?

Priceless!!!

savannahsdad

Watched the game in St Louis last night and saw all of those bundled up people... will be hunting very close to that area - glad to see that cooler weather coming in.

I am not packed YET - cause I am still hunting in SC - but I am starting to "organize" my piles!!!

Let's see here... 15 days = 360 hours = 21,600 minutes. I can almost see that far!

Lease fees (2).

Motel costs.

Eats.

Cold beer.

Misc. Supplies.

$$$? I quit counting!

Sitting in a wooded ravine between a bean field and a cut corn field on 5 November at 6:00 am with a steaming cup of coffee... as you sit there in the darkness... waiting on daylight to begin to peek through... praying that a big boy cruises by?

Priceless!!!

I feel you brother...nothing like it!

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
lot of JT heaters out there. the man did well last year.
took a yote out, got a fat nanny for the guys to eat at deer camp,
got a bruiser with the smoke pole. alot of maintenace to camp
and cooked a ton of his world famous nanny gumbo (stew)
and took #1 in my book for UPDATES.

GIVE HIM SOME SPACE PEOPLE

fellybbob nobody is heating on him just light hearted fun.Anytime i think of him i can't get past the pic of his feet in the stand and also the fact he's been reporting live from the house this year while bubbabuck has been in the tree doing all the reporting.He's got all the space he needs while we wait on some live action from the tree from all the fellas.Light hearted fun and did i mention i envy the fact he lives where i dream of just visiting.:cheers:

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
Thread on all of the midwest LIVE FROM THE TREE going on all season from state to state from Bubbabuck and the gang telling stories of the beast coming by and the near chances off having a shot while Jim Thompson is reporting from his house this year instead of the stand but if he was in the stand he would be in the wrong spot not seeing any deer and just taking pictures of his feet and posting them.:bounce::bounce::bounce: ::ke: :stir:

Here's to you Jim Thompson! :cheers: Now get up a tree and send us some pictures :fine:

Attachments

• feet.jpg
    feet.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 1,724
  • 043.JPG
    043.JPG
    371.3 KB · Views: 1,701
  • joekurz39.jpg
    joekurz39.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,668

fellybbob

fellybbob nobody is heating on him just light hearted fun.Anytime i think of him i can't get past the pic of his feet in the stand and also the fact he's been reporting live from the house this year while bubbabuck has been in the tree doing all the reporting.He's got all the space he needs while we wait on some live action from the tree from all the fellas.Light hearted fun and did i mention i envy the fact he lives where i dream of just visiting.:cheers:

you mean the hammertoe one:D did you know he did'nt see any deer that day after he took his boots off lol

Last edited:

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
Good to hear bubbabuck is going to finally re-introduce JT to deer hunting in the Midwest whitetail wonderland for the 1st time going this year even though "rumor" has it we keep hearing he's still living up there. Glad you did not let Jim give up on this great American tradition after his 1-month deer season delay. LOL

Yep....I always wanted a kid to take hunting with me.....well I got one !!:O:O....Except this one never grows up !!!!:eek::eek::eek:.....and eats alot !!:hair:

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree

Felly !!!

Cut JT slack....dude , surely you jest ??

Doe yes!

Bruiser with smoke pole...yes!

Maintenace??...Dude cut the control wire to the garage door because it was hanging low....thought it was xtra !:huh:

We aint even gonna talk about the new gas stove cleaning with comet and water !!:hair::hair:

Giving my brother a pair of channel locks is like giving him a rubics cube !!!:rofl::rofl:

Gumbo Deer Stew.....yes...good stuff and lots of it !!:fine:

Updates...yes....second to none !!!!:cool::cool:

Cut him slack.....cant see that happening !:D

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree

Lease fees (2).

Motel costs.

Eats.

Cold beer.

Misc. Supplies.

$$$? I quit counting!

Priceless!!!

Priceless Indeed !!!!:cool::cool:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree

thanks felly!!!! btw it was 3 does with a bow and a bruiser with a smoker...all live!

Felly !!!

Cut JT slack....dude , surely you jest ??

Doe yes!

Bruiser with smoke pole...yes!

Maintenace??...Dude cut the control wire to the garage door because it was hanging low....thought it was xtra !:huh:

We aint even gonna talk about the new gas stove cleaning with comet and water !!:hair::hair:

Giving my brother a pair of channel locks is like giving him a rubics cube !!!:rofl::rofl:

Gumbo Deer Stew.....yes...good stuff and lots of it !!:fine:

Updates...yes....second to none !!!!:cool::cool:

Cut him slack.....cant see that happening !:D

why would I need to do any real maintenance? I gotta keep you around for sumn

QTurn

JT, you got that handrail installed yet???:biggrin2:

Don't need a repeat of last year!!:shoot::shoot:

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
JT, you got that handrail installed yet???:biggrin2:

Don't need a repeat of last year!!:shoot::shoot:

Artie, cant see that happening until we get there ??.....It does involve tools and screws.....remember JT....righty tighty, lefty loosey !!:biggrin2:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
folks I just turned in notice at work that my last day will be oct 29. on the 30th me and bubba will be headed south to KY and then we are on an all out 4 week or so road trip.

since I now have no job or income PBJ it will be...but I will be in a tree...

load up boys its time!

ALLBEEF

Dang JT......wish I had them kind of jewels:D....right on bra!!

folks I just turned in notice at work that my last day will be oct 29. on the 30th me and bubba will be headed south to KY and then we are on an all out 4 week or so road trip.

load up boys its time!

ugaof94

load up boys its time!

Holy smokes! When I grow up I wanna be just like you. Was wonderin' how you was gonna pull off the tour d' midwest with bubba.

I just figured you worked at GP with all them other guys and had the whole month of November off . . . ::gone:

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
JT, be sure and take lots of pics as you have in the past.Really enjoyed seeing those bruisers cruising by ya in the stand.

Latest posts