Jack o lantern glow?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I saw this bunch about 50 yards away From where I set up a ground blind. Man what an awesome display of fungi beauty! it’s description I Read says it may “glow” in the dark.....anyone ever see these glow? I can’t wait to see for myself and as soon as I get my Xbow back, this will be the first place I go!
This is maybe half of the whole bunch.
E90A9EC0-01E6-48C0-94E0-877F368ECD0D.jpeg1D03271E-7348-4AD1-A929-5AE0C2CC2CB7.jpeg

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Amazing what we can see in the woods if we slow down and look , those are for sure cool looking

Anvil Head

Quite a few fungi irradess (sp) after dark. Just flip a few rotted logs after dark.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Fresh jack-o-lanterns have a faint glow sometimes. Honey mushroom mycelium (foxfire,) can be a lot brighter. There are somewhere between fifty and a hundred species of bioluminescent mushrooms.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
The left side of the photo is the base of a massive deadfall....never even looked to see what kind it was. There was a hole bunch more there

Twiggbuster

My dad used to put on the ground in the 60’s to hunt , no camo, no orange, no stands. He was a stickler for getting there early. As a 10 yr old, I would sit there and see all kinds of glows and flashing. Later learned it was foxfire.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I went by there again today and they blew up!A0451081-2B3A-48A0-AFB7-810D7AC46805.jpeg