Jazzed about Squirrels for the first time in 20 years...

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Completely excited about squirrel hunting again, since I have a couple young grandsons who are ready to get after 'em!!

Me, my son, and them are headed out scouting in the morning. Gonna find some rat haunts, and check on our deer stands.

Looking forward to rambling around in the woods with my boys!

hambone76

My kids and I have had a great time the past few seasons doing exactly that! I’ve located some good den trees that are nearest the Hickory nuts and they pay off every year during the early season.

dslc6487

Sounds like you have a great plan with your grandsons. I am doing likewise with mine. Keep an eye open for rattlers, as there are plenty of them out and about now.

Mark R

squirrel hunting my favorite huntin . great memories of hunting with the old man and then the kids . I get me some deer for the meat . but for fun and meat I squirrel huntin .

transfixer

I never cared for squirrel much as far as eating , fried it was okay, squirrel dumplings my grandma made someone else could have, didn't like em,

But I enjoyed squirrel hunting when I was an early teen, taught me to sit still, watch for movement, and taught me to fine tune my aiming skills using a .22 marlin bolt action , still have that gun, mdl 81 , picked up another one couple years back with factory peep sights, fine old bolt actions.

Mark R

put em in a pressure cooker for about 20 minutes or so with a little chicken broth . makes a good difference . then cookem any way ya want to .

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I'm pretty excited about it too, it's been a couple of years since I've been.

My kids are a little too young yet to take into the squirrel woods.

Took some shots at 50 yards yesterday to make sure the 10/22 was still on.

These groupings are good enough for me at the moment.

From the bench with one bag rest up front.

View attachment 1031181
Looks to me like you’re ready.