More Squirrels, New Ground, and Tannerite...

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
The Kid, Little Brother, and I got after them rats again this morning. This time was at a pecan orchard owned by a guy and his family that I work with. We also met a man across the highway, who gave us permission to kill as many as we want, any time we want, at his place!

It was a nice morning, and we ended up with four more big uns. When we get a big mess together this time, we gonna have us a squirrel fry out in the yard.

The boys at work...

IMG_20230910_081842250.jpg

Me, at work...The new gun is a winner!

IMG_20230910_075639823.jpg

We knocked it off about 1030, and went home to a big bowl of squirrel dumplings, that my Missus had ready for us.

Today's take!!

IMG_20230910_110813855.jpg

After lunch, a great friend showed up at the house with a gift for The Kids' birthday next week.

A six pack of 1/2 pound Tannerite targets, and a muffler for a .223 rifle!!

We had a literal "blast" in the back 40, and the boys figgered that settin' off the tannerite was the coolest "science project" ever!

Very thankful for such good times at The RR Ranch!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
:rockon:
:rockon:

Big7

The Oracle
The Kid, Little Brother, and I got after them rats again this morning. This time was at a pecan orchard owned by a guy and his family that I work with. We also met a man across the highway, who gave us permission to kill as many as we want, any time we want, at his place!

It was a nice morning, and we ended up with four more big uns. When we get a big mess together this time, we gonna have us a squirrel fry out in the yard.

The boys at work...

View attachment 1253216

Me, at work...The new gun is a winner!

View attachment 1253217

We knocked it off about 1030, and went home to a big bowl of squirrel dumplings, that my Missus had ready for us.

Today's take!!

View attachment 1253218

After lunch, a great friend showed up at the house with a gift for The Kids' birthday next week.

A six pack of 1/2 pound Tannerite targets, and a muffler for a .223 rifle!!

We had a literal "blast" in the back 40, and the boys figgered that settin' off the tannerite was the coolest "science project" ever!

Very thankful for such good times at The RR Ranch!
Be glad, very glad' you got a wife that can cook a squirrel !!

Only female ever in my life that could cook a squirrel, or any wild game for that matter was my Grandmother who passed away in 2000 at 92 years old.

The last couple of generations of women, especially the ones that are setting up house age now, can't cook Kraft box macaroni.

Last edited:

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.

Only female ever on my life that could cook a squirrel, or any wild game for that matter was my Grandmother who passed away in 2000 at 92 years old.

The last couple of generations of women, especially the ones that are setting up house age now, can't cook Kraft box macaroni.

Mine even checks for #6 shot pellets when she picks em for the dumplin' pot... ;)

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

Only female ever on my life that could cook a squirrel, or any wild game for that matter was my Grandmother who passed away in 2000 at 92 years old.

Do you ever have a kind word for anyone. I’m living proof my Mrs can chunk some pounds you. She’s a good cook and a better baker.
If it comes out of an oven she can master it. My SIL is younger still and cooks, elk, deer and antelope regularly. If your catch is poor you might want to change your bait.

Big7

The Oracle
Do you ever have a kind word for anyone. I’m living proof my Mrs can chunk some pounds you. She’s a good cook and a better baker.
If it comes out of an oven she can master it. My SIL is younger still and cooks, elk, deer and antelope regularly. If your catch is poor you might want to change your bait.
Only thing you and I have in common is the love for Rugers.