Jerk Baits on the Flint

FME Fishing

Hey guys, this is my first post and recently we have started a youtube channel about our fishing adventures and mishaps. We want to help others be successful when fishing for black bass and other species of fish. We always try to be informative but understand we are new and aware we have some kinks to work out lol. Recently we done a trip on the flint river to see how good the fall bite is and if the Shoalies are chasing jerk baits. I will say that those guys were smashing jerk baits and turned on. What we found is that we were hooking up out of the shoals more in the deep sets. We picked them up with a jerk/pause retrieve of about 2 seconds a pause. If you let the bait set longer than that they seemed to pass on it. They also hit good at a slower steady retrieve as well. I would suggest using a silver Jerk Bait if the sun is high or a white color will also be successful. This is a video of the trip we done on November 21
. So if you planning on taking a trip on the Flint River they are biting good but as always be careful they water is very chilly.

your friends at F.M.E. Fishing

RamblinWreck

Just watched the video. Y'all almost took a dip! How long to float from 74 to the Bluff? Is that where y'all fished?

FME Fishing

Just watched the video. Y'all almost took a dip! How long to float from 74 to the Bluff? Is that where y'all fished?
We have a spot that we get out. The float we do from 18 bridge to our get out is about 3 hours. I believe the float from 18 to Sprewell bluff is about 12 hours but may be longer depending on the river. I appreciate you watching the video and please like and subscribe. Thanks brother and stay safe.

jocko755

Split a gut laughing at the canoe skills. You all stayed dry! Well done! What a fun day of fishing. Really enjoyed the video. Can’t wait for another. Might want to wear a PFD the next time. I know those shoals are shallow but colder winter water is dangerous if you spill. I’d say there’s a strong possibility! ?. Enjoyed the fish catches. Good job.

FME Fishing

Split a gut laughing at the canoe skills. You all stayed dry! Well done! What a fun day of fishing. Really enjoyed the video. Can’t wait for another. Might want to wear a PFD the next time. I know those shoals are shallow but colder winter water is dangerous if you spill. I’d say there’s a strong possibility! ?. Enjoyed the fish catches. Good job.
Hey brother thanks!! yeah we are fishing out of a 16ft scanoe so it hangs a lot. I appreciate you watching our video please like and subcribe. We will have may more coming soon. Stay Safe

CaptKeith

It’s 12 hours from Hwy 74 (is that the 18 bridge) to Sprewell Bluff? I didn’t realize it was that far!

Very good video. I would not have thought a jerkbait on the Flint.

How far past the Scout Camp did you go?

The more views you get, the more Youth will be watching. You will show a better example to the Youth without the tobacco.

Good luck growing your videos. I love watching short simple videos like this.

FME Fishing

Very good video. I would not have thought a jerkbait on the Flint.

How far past the Scout Camp did you go?

The more views you get, the more Youth will be watching. You will show a better example to the Youth without the tobacco.

Good luck growing your videos. I love watching short simple videos like this.
Hey thanks for watching the video. We will work on that issue. Also there are quite a lot of lures that anglers don't typically use on the river that are in fact quite effective. It all about lure placement and how you present the bait.

CaptKeith

Is there a shorter place to put in and recover that has decent fishing possibilities? My big news is today I bought a kayak, and live within 5 miles of Sprewell Bluff, so I’m going to be looking at fishing it!

Damidgede

Is there a shorter place to put in and recover that has decent fishing possibilities? My big news is today I bought a kayak, and live within 5 miles of Sprewell Bluff, so I’m going to be looking at fishing it!
A popular one is bluff to 36. Outdoor Center also has a private put in location they will drop you at above the bluff, but you have to pay them to shuttle you.

Last edited:

FME Fishing

A popular one is bluff to 36. Outdoor Center also has a private put in location they will drop you at above the bluff, but you have to pay them to shuttle you.
The Boy Scout camp will also shuttle you to Flat Shoals for a fee as well and do picks from your chosen get out location.

CaptKeith

I have seen that stretch get real busy, so I was afraid it may not have good fishing, but I like the drop-off option!

CaptKeith

The Boy Scout camp will also shuttle you to Flat Shoals for a fee as well and do picks from your chosen get out location.
That’s interesting! It could be an excellent option!