Keyless Entry Remote Transmitter

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Lost a FOB to the wife's Tahoe, advised from a GON member to order off Amazon, got one for cheap, carried to Battery Plus to get programmed and he was not successful, now I've got to carry to a dealer.

turtlebug

Autozone will change them out for the price of the battery. It's not rocket science.

Redbow

Autozone will change them out for the price of the battery. It's not rocket science.

You are right it ain't rocket science. But if you break the darn thing you have to get a new one which could cost you. I wouldn't let some people that I know change out a light bulb in my lamp.

flyrod444

When I bought my last car which is a Honda passport, The salesman I delt with showed me how to open up fob and change battery as part of showing me how to operate the car with all the modern stuff it has. Just take out key and use it to pry the fob open, very simple.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I went to Batteries Plus. They change right on the spot for purchasing The battery. I also got an extra FOB from them and it took about a week to get. That was only like 169.00 vs the dealer wanting close to 600.00 because they said factory had to create the key and FOB.

When they got it i would have to bring the car in for it to be programmed. They guy a batteries Plus just went out to the car and synced it at no extra charge. They also give you lifetime battery replacement for FOB.

Back about 10 years or so ago, this same thing happened with my Chevy truck and I went by Batteries Plus and within 5 minutes, they handed me my FOB and charged me $12.95 plus tax...for installing a new # 2032 battery. I have NEVER been back in Batteries Plus since that day. However, I keep several replacement #2032 batteries on hand at home as well as spares in my vehicle that are dirt cheap at Harbor Freight !!!!!

Redbow

When I bought my last car which is a Honda passport, The salesman I delt with showed me how to open up fob and change battery as part of showing me how to operate the car with all the modern stuff it has. Just take out key and use it to pry the fob open, very simple.

Not as simple as using the key on my Wife's Nissan Rogue, the key won't fit the slots. A very small flat tip screwdriver is the cure.

DAVE

People take their vehicle to the dealer and complains the fob won't open the locks. The dealer then writes a work order, gives it to a mechanic to find out the problem, if it happens to be a battery, they change it and charge the customer, not for replacing the battery but for using their productive work time diagnosing the problem. It is a service and like most services someone wants to be paid for their time and knowledge. Nothing wrong with trying to solve a problem on your own but don't expect a business to have a third party solve it for free.

ryanh487

You can also get replacement fobs on Amazon for about $20 and your local batteries plus will program them (if you can't find a DIY tutorial on YouTube) for $40

earlthegoat2

Many full service locksmiths will provide vehicle key and fob services for a fraction of the cost of the stealership as well.

ryanh487

Lost a FOB to the wife's Tahoe, advised from a GON member to order off Amazon, got one for cheap, carried to Battery Plus to get programmed and he was not successful, now I've got to carry to a dealer.

That's probably my bad... sorry about that, it worked for my truck and others that I've made the recommendation to.

Some fobs do have youtube tutorials on how to turn the key so many times in the ignition and then push a button sequence to pair the fob to the car's computer.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
That's probably my bad... sorry about that, it worked for my truck and others that I've made the recommendation to.

Some fobs do have youtube tutorials on how to turn the key so many times in the ignition and then push a button sequence to pair the fob to the car's computer.

I think it had more to do with the Battery Plus employee . . .

ryanh487

I think it had more to do with the Battery Plus employee . . .

That's highly likely. The dude that did mine was a manager and seemed very sharp. It took him 3 attempts to get the fob programmed but he kept at it and got it done. The machine glitched and scrwed up cutting the hidden key and he discounted the work for the cost of a replacement fob to get a new key and cut it without further charge. Very good experience at the kennesaw location.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
That's highly likely. The dude that did mine was a manager and seemed very sharp. It took him 3 attempts to get the fob programmed but he kept at it and got it done. The machine glitched and scrwed up cutting the hidden key and he discounted the work for the cost of a replacement fob to get a new key and cut it without further charge. Very good experience at the kennesaw location.

Followed some really easy steps on You Tube and got the new FOB programmed in about 30+ minutes.

ryanh487

Followed some really easy steps on You Tube and got the new FOB programmed in about 30+ minutes.

Awesome. i know a lot of cars this is possible. my truck was 1 year too new, but the 2016 could be DIY programmed. Had to use the panic button on the fob and after 2016 they moved it to a part of the fob that was hidden in the ignition and made the DIY method impossible.

Latest posts