Ladder Stands ?

outdoorman

Considering setting a ladder stand up to hunt from.
Besides the obvious fact that they are cheaper in price ,Is there any reason I should get a single man stand or just go with a 2 man stand?
I don't have plans to hunt double with anyone else on the stand with me.

Toliver

I personally like the double just for having more space. More room to maneuver when turning around, standing for a shot, sitting extra equipment next to me, etc.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I'm a big guy, and I'm far more comfortable in a 2 man stand. Ive got a place to set my bag or other stuff that I may intermittently use and have more ability to watch and shoot at more angles.
But stability is the most important factor for me...
Some of those two man stands have a second point of attachment (to the tree) at foot level as well as the one at seat level. Those are the ones I like the best.

Toliver

I like to have room for my "possibles bag" on the seat by me for access to binos, extra gloves, snacks, water bottle, grunt tube, etc.

I am partial to Family Tradition double ladders.
I've got a Family Tradition double that's never been on a tree. Bought it and then never got back in a club. It's probably 10 years old now and just laid in the barn.

HughW2

As noted above, I love the additional room in a two man. Having binoculars and snacks immediately handy with minimal movement and shuffling is a big bonus. I like Millennium two man. Once you have sat in one it is hard to consider anything else. Worth the money.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
If you get the millennium mesh type seat, it will be way more comfortable than a straight steel bench with a cheap pad. Single vs double is less important than the comfort when you get up there. I’ve sat on both kinds and there is no comparison. I’m a cheapskate, but if I ever bought another leaner, it would have the mesh type seat. You can add a mesh type seat on top of the bench if desired, but I’ve never tried that.

flatwoods

I actually prefer the 2 man stands for the room.
That said, I have been using the 1 1/2 man stands with the sling seat like Muddy and Big Game. Very comfy and easy to set up by myself.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I hunt from both, but that extra room and extra space to allow you to maneuver around and shoot from different angles sure is nice in the doubles.

Latest posts