Landowner relationships are key!

Jim Boyd

I work hard at this and try to be creative.

This year I made 2024 wall calendars for my Illinois landowners family and used only images gleaned from their farms over the years.

Cost me $150 for 4 and it was super easy on Shutterfly.

Throwing it out there….

IMG_3941.pngIMG_3940.png

Duff

That is a great idea! I bet they love it!

Gator89

When I lived in WI I baked pies for the folks that allowed me to turkey hunt, bourbon chocolate pecan pie will unlock a gate.

I send boxes of fresh citrus to my friends in SoDak. My partner in WI grabs a pile of top shelf WI cheese to share as well.

In LA one year I gave a neighbor the backstraps and tenderloins off a young buck I killed. The next weekend the neighbor told us we could post a stander on his property when we were running dogs. The club "boss" asked what the heck got into Lionel, he never has offered to let us on his property before? I said, well maybe you should have given him some backstraps years ago.

Treat your landowners like family or even better.

krizia829

Nice!! We give to our friends who let us hunt their land cuban cigars, whiskey, fresh FL oranges, anything we've picked up in conversation that they've always wanted to try, etc. With the ocean minutes away from us, fresh lobster, snapper, etc. But this calendar idea is neat! That's very thoughtful!

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Y'all listen to Mr. @Jim Boyd, he knows what he is talking about. My viewpoint is that of a landowner who has shared his hunting rights with friends for decades. Friends are welcome but friends who share back are more welcome. For a landowner it's not always about the money especially a resident landowner. I enjoy being able to share with friends but I need to know that they appreciate the land and the opportunity. Simply stopping for a little chat can mean more than you might think. A thoughtful gift can be much more important than an expensive one.

Jim Boyd

Flippin heck, this is cool. The only thing I get from the guys I let hunt my place is a hard time haha

Typically, I get a ton of thanks from the folks that hunt our place.

Generally, I make it easy for them to successful (which is far from free, for me) but I think they see and appreciate it….

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
That is a great idea, never thought of making a wildlife calendar. We did do pics of all of the grandkids on a calendar for their grandparents one year for Christmas.

slow motion

Love it brother. You're very creative.

ghadarits

That's a great idea I'm stealing it as well. One of my favorite places I've ever hunted the landowner won't lease me the hunting rights she insists on letting me hunt for free. I still get her a gift card for an undisclosed amount every year to help her out. I truly appreciate that whole family they're all great people.IMG_7857.JPG

Jim Boyd

That's a great idea I'm stealing it as well. One of my favorite places I've ever hunted the landowner won't lease me the hunting rights she insists on letting me hunt for free. I still get her a gift card for an undisclosed amount every year to help her out. I truly appreciate that whole family they're all great people.View attachment 1270985

You can kill two birds with one stone….

Take care of her and work to help protect the right to hunt

Good stuff right there

Jim Boyd

Calendars delivered and they are a hit!

Landowners took one, daughter and her hubby ( who live on the farm) took one and the granddaughter took one!

Saving one for me!

Sent the the prints that were used to make the calendar and they already started a scrap book!

Judy told me “use yours to mark your trips up here. As soon as you retire / you gotta agree to stay longer”.

I can live with that!