Long brows on this guy…midday bachelor group

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Nice antlers, do you think that your minerals are the prime reason for that antler growth? Or is this typical growth in your area? How long have you been using mineral sites?

SRShunter

Not trying to answer for him, but I don't think just mineral sites build big antlers myself. I think it's definitely a combination of everything. Diversity is king. That's from weeds, trees, plots etc. We grow deer from our dirt. Better dirt, better deer...and we can do things to enhance that dirt. What most fail on is giving them the number of birthdays they need to really shine. But if they're hitting minerals everyday they must be getting something from it.

Jim Boyd

Nice antlers, do you think that your minerals are the prime reason for that antler growth? Or is this typical growth in your area? How long have you been using mineral sites?

@HarryO45

I personally do not think the minerals have a lot to do with it.

I think that @SRShunter pretty much nailed it.

I would think that the minerals do no harm and incrementally, they offer some benefit.

Here is perhaps a good way to say it - I believe that if you had two test groups of 10 bucks each and one group got minerals and one group did not - I believe it would be hard to know the difference.

And there could be statistical anomalies there that made the “did not get minerals” group look better than the group that did.

What it does do, however, is to attract all deer so you can see the deer that are living in the area - at least that are in the area right now.

Some will most assuredly be gone in October - and most assuredly - others will show up at the same time.

Getting the pics is interesting and a great way to get revved up for the season!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
@HarryO45

Here is perhaps a good way to say it - I believe that if you had two test groups of 10 bucks each and one group got minerals and one group did not - I believe it would be hard to know the difference.

This. ^ Over the years there have been multiple studies posted here showing the impact of supplemental minerals is minimal at best and most of what we are using has no impact on antler growth at all.

If Charlie sees this thread I suspect he will concur.

Jim Boyd

This. ^ Over the years there have been multiple studies posted here showing the impact of supplemental minerals is minimal at best and most of what we are using has no impact on antler growth at all.

If Charlie sees this thread I suspect he will concur.

@C.Killmaster

Please?