Man said Jesus appeared and baptized him with the Holy Spirit?

Artfuldodger

John said that Jesus would "baptise with the Holy Spirit." On the day of Pentecost, Jesus did indeed "baptise with the Holy Spirit"

But the man I read about that said this was in modern times. Has anyone experienced Jesus appearing and baptizing them with the Holy Spirit?

Artfuldodger

I thought during Pentecost the Father sent the Holy Spirit. Jesus said he would have his Father send the Holy Spirit after he returned to Heaven.
I've never actually heard anyone say that Jesus appeared and baptized them with the Holy Spirit after the Ascension.

The way I see what John was saying is the Holy Spirit comes to us "through" Jesus.
Not that Jesus himself delivers the "Baptism with the Holy Spirit"
Hard to explain or it is for me.

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That feller is not right in the head, probably. Like the people who say aliens appeared and abducted them, or bigfoot appeared and spoke to them telepathically, or that voting for Biden made the country better.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I thought during Pentecost the Father sent the Holy Spirit. Jesus said he would have his Father send the Holy Spirit after he returned to Heaven.
I've never actually heard anyone say that Jesus appeared and baptized them with the Holy Spirit after the Ascension.

The way I see what John was saying is the Holy Spirit comes to us "through" Jesus.
Not that Jesus himself delivers the "Baptism with the Holy Spirit"
Hard to explain or it is for me.
Well……another topic but what if all 3 are one?? Jesus also said the Father will send the comforter……..and he said he wouldn’t leave us comfortless - he’d come to us.

Artfuldodger

Well……another topic but what if all 3 are one?? Jesus also said the Father will send the comforter……..and he said he wouldn’t leave us comfortless - he’d come to us.
I'm OK with that and that Jesus would baptize with the Holy Spirit. Perhaps God the Father, working through Jesus, baptized this man with the Holy Spirit.
That's still a bit different than Jesus appearing to baptize this man with the Holy Spirit.
Maybe as Oneness suggests "one" mode at a time. Meaning God as the Holy Spirit baptized this man with the Holy Spirit.

Is there any verse that says, Jesus in that persona or mode would come with the Holy Spirit to anoint us or help us or enter us or anything else for that matter?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I'm OK with that and that Jesus would baptize with the Holy Spirit. Perhaps God the Father, working through Jesus, baptized this man with the Holy Spirit.
That's still a bit different than Jesus appearing to baptize this man with the Holy Spirit.
Maybe as Oneness suggests "one" mode at a time. Meaning God as the Holy Spirit baptized this man with the Holy Spirit.

Is there any verse that says, Jesus in that persona or mode would come with the Holy Spirit to anoint us or help us or enter us or anything else for that matter?
There are plenty to indicate that “unity” is more than in the same spirit but specifically when Jesus was talking about the Comforter…….

“He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?”

Last edited:

gordon 2

That feller is not right in the head, probably. Like the people who say aliens appeared and abducted them, or bigfoot appeared and spoke to them telepathically, or that voting for Biden made the country better.
This is funny, right there. It might be a good thing for forum participants to get all prayed up and bible ready with an election only in a few months.

As we know there will be more fun and games , digs and pokes not only on the topics of salvation, the great commission, the nature and denature of God, etc but there will be in the mix an uptake of political agency towards spiritual topic.

So expect the agents of unclean hands. Pray up or expect to be captured and possessed by those who will come clean to contaminate, by claims that there is less evil on their side than with the other side,--- even the saints if that was possible.

Last edited:

gordon 2

The baptism of the Holy Spirit is not the baptism of John! With the baptism of John there was still a veil between God and the baptized. With the baptism of the Holy Spirit the baptism is immediate and without veil. Therefore any expression that one is baptized by the Holy Spirit can include any articulation that would identify that the baptism is from God's spirit, from God, from Jesus, from the Father directly... But not the baptism of any denomination, or individual other than God.

For example I can say that in my prayer Jesus showed up and in fact it was His Holy Spirit and so all of the godhead.

Any baptism, that is anyone baptizing in the Name of Jesus Christ is being baptized by water and by the Holy Spirit and so baptism in Jesus ---is to be baptized by Jesus immediate.

PS. Maybe think sacrament. Why do we say that the baptism of the Christian faith is a sacrament and John's was not? To what degree was God present in John's baptism compared to the baptism of all Christians?

Last edited: