Marathon, Fl Memorial Day week.

Stonewall 2

Headed down last Saturday on a trip I’ve been invited on several times over the last five or six years. This was the best trip of all with weather and fishing.

Sunday we headed over to Dry Tortugas for an overnight trip and two days of fishing. We brought back 9 keeper red grouper and our limit of snapper mixed species but the majority were yellow tail.

Took Tuesday off to rest and run errands.

Wednesday back at it chasing Mahi. Ended up with a four man limit of Mahi on the most fast action fishing day I’ve ever been on. We had our limit in about 3 hours.

Thursday headed out to the Marathon hump early to try and pick up some tuna but it was dead so we started working for Mahi. We found a few Mahi and the we picked up some tuna under some birds while headed back. Ended up with 13 Mahi and six tuna.

Friday slept in and headed out after lunch to try some deep dropping something our friend has been experimenting with and researching but he didn’t have much confidence in producing much but it was a change and a relaxing afternoon on the boat and we literally didn’t need any more Mahi. We ended up with four Blue line Tilefish with the biggest being 14.5lbs.

Incredible week with a lot of memories made with good friends!

I don’t have the pics from Dry Tortugas one of the other guys has those I will post when he sends them.A84EFDE9-4B98-469F-907E-322CD6E7FED0.jpeg585D20FC-188E-4B41-8B13-834BBE780158.jpeg6FF69F74-C437-4DAD-8776-8563514383EE.jpegFC0C943A-8A8F-4B8F-8E91-121EED5890C2.jpeg74A698CE-7E8C-42CC-A9D2-2C252D8E0FA4.jpeg489766A6-3405-413A-ACA2-8C50C01DC589.jpeg436F22F3-AD88-4019-9E2F-C8A1F8016C6F.jpegA84EFDE9-4B98-469F-907E-322CD6E7FED0.jpegA84EFDE9-4B98-469F-907E-322CD6E7FED0.jpeg

Last edited:

Hickory Nut

The bloody boat pics are the best. Had to be a really fun trip to get that bloody! That’s a decent bull dolphin in the foreground of the first pic. Gotta let us know how good tastin’ the tilefish was.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Way to go man!!! Love the bloody shirt pic!

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Nice mess of fish. Those mahi are a blast to catch.

Ihunt

I like a trip where I come home exhausted and have to go back to work just to get some rest. Seems as though that was one of those kind of trips.

Stonewall 2

I like a trip where I come home exhausted and have to go back to work just to get some rest. Seems as though that was one of those kind of trips.

Yes it was! 5 days of hard fishing offshore will wear you out! Work was a breeze! But would rather be back fishing!?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a great trip, loads of fun, and a lot of good meals in the future! What kind of tuna are those?

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
A day on the water beats any other flat out, but a day that ends with 2 hours wash'n the blood off the boat is a GREAT day... most of the time.

Stonewall 2

We are here now been catching them in 1,000 ft , you don’t have a wash down on that boat ??
Yes we did caught the four man limit on three different trolling hookups then leaving it on the line to keep the schoolies around while we free lined baits to them. Pictures were taken before wash down while we emptied the fish box to check our limit. So we actually had 3 washdowns!?

How are y’all doing?