MILLION $ QUESTION--Is drinki beer a sin?

vanguard1

Banned
Romans 13:12-14 (Amplified Bible)
12The night is far gone and the day is almost here. Let us then drop (fling away) the works and deeds of darkness and put on the [full] armor of light.

13Let us live and conduct ourselves honorably and becomingly as in the [open light of] day, not in reveling (carousing) and drunkenness, not in immorality and debauchery (sensuality and licentiousness), not in quarreling and jealousy.

14But clothe yourself with the Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah), and make no provision for [indulging] the flesh [put a stop to thinking about the evil cravings of your physical nature] to [gratify its] desires (lusts).

1 Corinthians 15:34 (Amplified Bible)
34Awake [[a]from your drunken stupor and return] to sober sense and your right minds, and sin no more. For some of you have not the knowledge of God [you are utterly and willfully and disgracefully ignorant, and continue to be so, lacking the sense of God's presence and all true knowledge of Him]. I say this to your shame.

1gr8bldr

OK, Romans 14:4 Who are you to judge someone's else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand. The mark of a Christian is not that he doesn't drink. Lots of non believers don't drink. The true mark of a Christian is an attitude that says, How could I judge you, I too don't deserve grace.

I'm back...long day...still got the Scripture posters I see. Today's message in Church was..."Don't run alone." And I see alot that do because they push and turn people away from a loving God by threatening them to he**

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I'm back...long day...still got the Scripture posters I see. Today's message in Church was..."Don't run alone." And I see alot that do because they push and turn people away from a loving God by threatening them to he**

We had this problem about a year ago..

You know it's bad when the Athiest do a better job of preaching acceptance than the Christians..:pop:Why anyone ever thought the Bible was written to be used as a weapon is beyond me.:rolleyes:

270 guy

Banned
Everyone knows you are the only true christian 270. In all your self righteous tearing down of the scripture posted you ought to make Jesus proud.

Yeah right just answer the question like you were asked you seem to keep avoiding it.

I am a true Christian and do make Jesus proud can you say the same?

As far as self righeous please give me a break you never saw where I tore down any scripture period. Try again super Christian.

I'm done with this thread it's going no where.

vanguard1

Banned
We had this problem about a year ago..

You know it's bad when the Athiest do a better job of preaching acceptance than the Christians..:pop:Why anyone ever thought the Bible was written to be used as a weapon is beyond me.:rolleyes:

Jesus never preached acceptance he preached repentance. that is the problem today people think we should accept sin.

2 Timothy 2:19 (King James Version)

19Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity

Jesus never preached acceptance he preached repentance. that is the problem today people think we should accept sin.

19Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity

Of course Jesus preached acceptance. Remember, he told the pharisees that they were a brood of vipers and were going to heJJ... dont you remember? ;)

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master

I was speaking of acceptance of people, not sin. Their sin is between them and the Lord, not them and you. Yet so many wanna be self gratifying christians want to take on the role of saving the world, instead of merely; #1 loving people for who and what they are, then; #2 gently guiding them in the direction of salvation primarily by living an exemplary life and not by bludgeoning them to death with the bible or scripture.

You accomplish nothing towards the Great Commission if your tactics work more for the enemy than for the Lord by driving more people away from the light, than actually leading them to it.

If more Christians would only remove their self indulgent "right to judge" that they somehow feel appointed to, and rather merely follow the "last commandment" and let their life be the guiding factor in leading others to salvation then this world as a whole would be a better place.

The biggest detrimental factor working against Christianity and in favor of Satan's plan is not alcohol, drugs, sex, etc. etc. etc. It is unqualified, misguided, and in some cases, self appointed ministers that teach their followers habits and tactics that are damaging to the doctrine and purpose of Jesus even being put on this earth in the first place.

Any man or woman that considers these pearls of advice as attacks, or views the person giving them as misguided, and instead consider themselves righteous in their views and tactics simply based on their ability to use the scripture as a retort, or even worse, a weapon have completely missed the boat on what Jesus intention for life moving forward after his sacrifice was to be about. If they are void of any since of conviction from all of the push back then I would submit they may be one of the more heineous sinners in their arrogant attitude towards their personal role as a 'savior' and less in tune with what Jesus really wishes them to do by setting a living example.

Y'all have fun with this thread, it is at the very least, a good source of humor.

vanguard1

Banned
1 Corinthians 5:11 (King James Version)

11But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

I am just tired of people saying they are christians and living a life that brings shame to my Lord, we had a guest pastor yesterday that preached on sin and living a holy life, and he told about how he went to the mall with his wife to buy clothes , well one of the salesmen was clearly gay so he wittnessed to him only to find out this guy thinks hes a christian allready. so what are we to do say its ok you can be gay and a christian? God forbid.
Ezekiel 3:17-21 (King James Version)

17Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me.

18When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

19Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

20Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling-block before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

21Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.

Last edited:

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
1 Corinthians 5:11 (King James Version)

11But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

We can play the scripture copy and paste game all day long. And for every scripture there is one to counter it, especially since (when used as a weapon in debate or arguement, all are taken out of context)

So I will submit the one and only scripture that trumps all others and leave you to your folly; (while your at it, it would serve you wise to study the etymology of the word folly);)

Matthew 22:36-40

<SUP id=en-NIV-23909 class=versenum>36</SUP> “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

<SUP id=en-NIV-23910 class=versenum>37</SUP> Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. <SUP id=en-NIV-23911 class=versenum>38</SUP> This is the first and greatest commandment. <SUP id=en-NIV-23912 class=versenum>39</SUP> And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. <SUP id=en-NIV-23913 class=versenum>40</SUP> All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

vanguard1

Banned
you can love someone without accepting thier sin. I love you enough to warn you of the danger you are in with ALCOHOL
20Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling-block before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

21Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.

yes the word, the word, the word. it is written.

but only you can interpret it...no one else. All other's are wrong and you are right! If you do not interpret the Bible the way Vanguard does you are going to be spending eternity in a fire bath!!!

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
Come on, admit it, you never thought the shallow question of this thread would have gone on for 6 pages did you?

i think the problem is that some people do not realize that Christianity is a belief that is followed by many different denominations and don't seem to realize people interpret the Bible differently. The problem is that there are a couple of folks in this thread who are scared to answer a question as asked instead they copy and post scripture and tell others they are going to he**. I drink beer, wine, etc. and occassionally catch a buzz and was told by a point in #243 that there is a place in the "smoking section" for me. Quite arrogant and un-Christian like response if you ask me.

apoint

Come on, admit it, you never thought the shallow question of this thread would have gone on for 6 pages did you?

========================================

As long as Mr squirrel is deliriously going to defend his drinking by calling everyone else sinners to make hiself look OK. This could make it to page 666.
Come on now everybody, in unison, lets say we are all sinners, so we can wrap this baby up once and for all.

WE ARE ALL SINNERS

Turn out the lights please............

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
You Are All Sinners.
I mean, We are all sinners. Especially me.

apoint

You Are All Sinners.
I mean, We are all sinners. Especially me.

Hallelujah,Hallelujah,-------,---------,----------.
I feel better already. Confession is good for the soul.:fine: