Mineral site

SRShunter

I always use the 5 dollar blocks from tsc. The red ones with the trace minerals in them. I've had decent deer usage out of them. I actually broke down and bought some trophy rocks this year. Deer are just now as we speak starting to utilize them. I bought two and I run spypoints...I know it's hard to believe but one of my spypoints isn't working. Huge shocker there huh. Lol. Anyhow I know from now til August they will really get the best use. Who remembers the homemade mix a lot of people use for mineral sites. I know the dicalcium is under some cattle feed name, but really like to know exactly which bag it is. TIA

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I found one of those brown blocks at Pinelog, even had a big ole camera on it-don’t know what cam it was but it was the size of a football. Anywho, that brown block was there a long time like it had hardly been touched. My cousin in KY uses some brown stuff from some feed store…I think it had 4 or 5 different minerals in it with salt around 66%? I put one of them red cane blocks in my backyard and got little action on it.

frankwright

I usually buy bags of the red trace minerals from the feed store. Deer dig a hole you can fall in to!
They like the Trophy Rocks a lot but they are expensive.
I have had good luck with the better corn,mineral, molasses blocks but I swear I think the cheap ones are sawdust or something. I have watched them sit till they rot!

ventilator

I get mine from southern states.
50# Dicalcium Phosphate
50# Trace Mineral Salt
50# Dried Molasses

Dical is not easy to locate at a lot of places.

possum235

I always use the 5 dollar blocks from tsc. The red ones with the trace minerals in them. I've had decent deer usage out of them. I actually broke down and bought some trophy rocks this year. Deer are just now as we speak starting to utilize them. I bought two and I run spypoints...I know it's hard to believe but one of my spypoints isn't working. Huge shocker there huh. Lol. Anyhow I know from now til August they will really get the best use. Who remembers the homemade mix a lot of people use for mineral sites. I know the dicalcium is under some cattle feed name, but really like to know exactly which bag it is. TIA
5.00 block now 9.00