Minerals....Salt Blocks....etc

What are ya'll gonna put out for mineral sites this year. Anyone use any of the blocks from tractor supply....if so which ones work the best for you.

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
Some people also use a mix of bagged salt, bagged mineral salt, dicalcium phosphate and a little grape Koolaid.

Since I have 25 mineral sites, and the price of dicalcium phosphate, I am down to using a block of white salt and a block of mineral salt and call it a day. It's the "salt" that the deer need and are after, this time of year, but having some minerals in there is probably a good thing. Having a nutritious, well limed and fertilized food plot is probably the best.

Attachments

• Minerals-1.JPG
    Minerals-1.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Salt Camera Study.JPG
    Salt Camera Study.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Salt Camera Study -1.JPG
    Salt Camera Study -1.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Salt Camera Study-2.JPG
    Salt Camera Study-2.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 12
  • Minerals 2-19-16.jpg
    Minerals 2-19-16.jpg
    682.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Minerals 4-28-2019.jpg
    Minerals 4-28-2019.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
If you do a search on here, you will find lots of "threads" on the subject

Jim Boyd

I’m just using bags of trace mineral salt and some bags of trophy rock granules.

Sweetened two spots with liquid molasses also.

Getting good traffic but the bucks are barely showing any antler development.

Yet…..

furtaker

Yes. The cheap trace mineral blocks or bags from Tractor Supply work very well. All I use.

arrendale8105

I use the $10 red blocks at tractor supply. The deer love them and they’re cheap. I sometimes use trophy rocks also but for to me for money u can’t beat the tractor supply blocks.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Trace mineral salt, di-cal and Deer Cane Black Magic. If I'm feeling really generous I'll throw in some powdered molasses but I'm not very generous these days.