Mower deck problems

Baroque Brass

If you have time, swat spindles from 1 side to the other. If the same blade goes below the deck, the deck is bent.
If both blades go below the deck the deck and spindle are bent.
Ok that makes sense. Or at least it did when I figured out you meant swap instead of swat?. I really appreciate your help!

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Ok that makes sense. Or at least it did when I figured out you meant swap instead of swat?. I really appreciate your help!

I'm not even going to blame auto-correct.

I'm just that dumb.

:cheers:

transfixer

I have a John Deere 42” tractor style mower that’s about 20 years old. I know it’s nearing the end of its useful life but I’d hoped to get a couple more years out of it. I loaned it out (yeah I know, but it was a family member) and it was returned with a broken attachment point on the deck. I figured with the age of the mower, it was just metal fatigue that caused it to break. I was able to fabricate a way to repair it and reattached the deck. I also greased the blade spindles and sharpened the blades. When I used the mower, it had a severe vibration and was scalping the grass. I pulled the deck back off and discovered a bent blade that I hadn’t noticed. I bought new blades but there’s still a really bad vibration. It almost looks like the deck is bent near the spindle by the broken attachment point and the pulley looks out of alignment. I can’t imagine how that section of the deck could be bent but that’s how it appears to me. Any suggestions?

I'm coming in on this late, but I have a John Deere X300 that is about 16yrs old, after about 10 yrs my deck was warped, tweaked, etc, from me not treating it real well, and ocassionaly running over stuff I shouldn't have, tried straightening it a couple times to no avail, had already replaced both spindle shafts at least once, ended up buying a new deck from some JD place online, came complete with everything including a new belt, ran around $800 about 4yrs ago, but beats buying a new mower,

Baroque Brass

I'm coming in on this late, but I have a John Deere X300 that is about 16yrs old, after about 10 yrs my deck was warped, tweaked, etc, from me not treating it real well, and ocassionaly running over stuff I shouldn't have, tried straightening it a couple times to no avail, had already replaced both spindle shafts at least once, ended up buying a new deck from some JD place online, came complete with everything including a new belt, ran around $800 about 4yrs ago, but beats buying a new mower,
That’s what I did. The local Ag Pro place had a deck in stock for just a little more than the online price. Had I ordered it, it would have taken ten days and shipping was $200. Should get a few more years out of the mower. Now if I can only find my 18mm 1/2” drive socket that disappeared during all of this...

Latest posts