My least favorite part of the season

ghadarits

I hate packing away my gear. The only consolation is that now I’m on to preparing for next season and a lot of fishing.

Attachments

• 99B15892-EC1A-4828-AA6C-1944CDB5AB5D.jpeg
    99B15892-EC1A-4828-AA6C-1944CDB5AB5D.jpeg
    321.6 KB · Views: 71

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
I'm trying to let the ice melt, not working

3chunter

I am working with my dog everyday. He should be tuned up by next duck season.

flatsmaster

I hate packing away my gear. The only consolation is that now I’m on to preparing for next season and a lot of fishing.
Sun sets on another season … A94AC9EF-A96F-41CF-B07D-8A9E6FD6F177.jpegEF1211F0-D558-44BD-813F-36D7F74B8370.jpegPutting it all away it’s like gheez we have a lot of stuff … then my son starts we need 2 dozen more coots and we need at least a dozen more redheads and it never ends ??‍♂️ Fishing season starts this week until my son gets mad at Osceola’s in March !!!

MudDucker

Staff member
I started putting my stuff up to put back in storage. Yep, it is a sad day!

Evergreen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Finally cleaned out the truck and boat today, my 7 year old said "daddy I guess it's really over huh?" I said "only if you want it to be". He replied, "so we can go tmrw?" I said "not to shoot be we got all sorts of fun stuff to do, we can feed some holes so those birds return next season, got a riser to put in, you can play on the excavator if you want (his face lit up all kinds of ways then), then when it warms up, plant rice and millet. It never ends if you don't let it buddy" he sat for a minute I could see the gears turning, he started waving his finger at me and said "you know daddy if we planted that beaver pond we went to last time with rice like the other pond I think it would be our best spot, I like it more cause it's just you and me there" I almost shed a tear boys

ghadarits

Finally cleaned out the truck and boat today, my 7 year old said "daddy I guess it's really over huh?" I said "only if you want it to be". He replied, "so we can go tmrw?" I said "not to shoot be we got all sorts of fun stuff to do, we can feed some holes so those birds return next season, got a riser to put in, you can play on the excavator if you want (his face lit up all kinds of ways then), then when it warms up, plant rice and millet. It never ends if you don't let it buddy" he sat for a minute I could see the gears turning, he started waving his finger at me and said "you know daddy if we planted that beaver pond we went to last time with rice like the other pond I think it would be our best spot, I like it more cause it's just you and me there" I almost shed a tear boys

When the kids wheels start spinning about what to do to make it better next year, that's the moment it's as good as it gets!! You know their hooked then!!
Good job Evergreen/Dad for making it more fun than work!!

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Time to train Mongo in retrieving waterfowl, something about mal/dutchie mix...

Work??

MudDucker

Staff member
Well, I got about 3/4ths of my stuff put up. Started dragging when I started talking the blind off of the boat. Need to finish that and then pack up quite a few mojo motion decoys that have taken a dump over the last two seasons. One this year took a dump on the 2nd hunt.

Evergreen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Well, I got about 3/4ths of my stuff put up. Started dragging when I started talking the blind off of the boat. Need to finish that and then pack up quite a few mojo motion decoys that have taken a dump over the last two seasons. One this year took a dump on the 2nd hunt.

Cleaned out the garage this weekend found 2 lucky ducks (honestly thought I'd lost them) I havent used in a few years, hit the switch and the wings started spinning, now had I been depending on them they wouldn't have turned on to save my life, also couldn't find them during the season.

MudDucker

Staff member
Cleaned out the garage this weekend found 2 lucky ducks (honestly thought I'd lost them) I havent used in a few years, hit the switch and the wings started spinning, now had I been depending on them they wouldn't have turned on to save my life, also couldn't find them during the season.

I had one mojo for 10 or more years that never failed, until my buddies dog decided he needed to chew the head off it. Since then, I haven't been so lucky.

I bought a pair of lucky ducks on sale, but haven't deployed yet. If I get everything fixed, I could put a find spread of nothing but motion decoys out next year. The problem is I moved mostly to coastal shooting to get away from folks and that is hard on these decoys ... not to mention that too many have discovered my secret of hiding out at the coast.

Evergreen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
I had one mojo for 10 or more years that never failed, until my buddies dog decided he needed to chew the head off it. Since then, I haven't been so lucky.

I bought a pair of lucky ducks on sale, but haven't deployed yet. If I get everything fixed, I could put a find spread of nothing but motion decoys out next year. The problem is I moved mostly to coastal shooting to get away from folks and that is hard on these decoys ... not to mention that too many have discovered my secret of hiding out at the coast.

I had to dull up the bottom side of the lucky ducks wings, the solid white flashing at the speed they turn seemed to flare more than bring in. I hit them with some grayish spray paint then misted some flat white from pretty far off to just kinda speckle the gray, get a little flash but not as loud/bright as it was, looks ugly as sin up close

Latest posts