When you see Big Un the day before the Season opens

bman940

When you have obligations that get in the way of hunting, you know they are important! I dialed in my Rem 700 AAC-SD .308 this year with a new optic: a Riton Optics 7 Conquer 3-24X50 MOA,IL. I always shoot this rifle suppressed, and the balance makes it easy to stay on target and see the impact. I love this optic; large turrets for easy adjustment with gloves on. You just never know if it's going to be a 50 yard shot or 500 yards. The zero stop, as is the adjustable throw lever, is a big bonus. Only having a few days to hunt, I had this big boy walk within 40 yards of me the day before the Season opened. I figured the next morning he'd be down. Nope. Only having 3 days to hunt, I took a nice old buck the last morning and then sat and enjoyed watching the 100+ turkeys that showed. Just as I started packing up my gear, Big un shows up with not a care in the world. I watched him until he got tired of all the turkeys in his cornfield. I hope he makes it through the KS winter and passes on his genetics.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-12-05 at 10.26.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-12-05 at 10.26.50 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 116

DynamicDennis

Thats the breaks sometimes. I went on quite a few pay hunts when I was younger, came home empty handed and more broke . Take the first legal one you see!!!!

Latest posts