My S&W M&P 10 is finally done!

ringorock

Here she is! I call her "Raven". Hahahaha. Doh. I had some issues with her when I bought her. You all might recall that she was short stroking. I ended up opening the gas port up to about .078", and Raven now eats everything.

Specs:
S&W M&P 10 base with 16" 5r barrel
Magpul SL Stock
Magpul Miad 1.1 grip
Hiperfire Genesis trigger set at 2.5 lbs (this is where the magic happens)
ARchitect low profile MLOK handguard (seriously the best group of guys out there. you can get their stuff at BYOAR) using a Fxon low pro gas block
Athena Ultradyne linear compensator
Leupold LMS mount
Leupold 2-7x scope

The M&P 10 lower is ambi everything, but I had to cut down the right side ambi release since the Hiperfire wouldn't work with it there. I cut away the internal parts and modded the piece to be a place holder.

gun.jpg

I took Raven for a zero today. I know some of you guys like 5 groups at 5 shots each, but I'm stingy with my premium ammo... even though I load them myself. I went three groups with her. Elevation. Windage. Zone. Here's a picture of zone. The other two groups also shot sub 1" at 100 yards with my handloads (165 SGK with 44 gr Varget). For those of you with OCD, sorry I didn't change the caliber from .556 to .308. I never do this with these computers.

group.jpg

If you're curious as to why I have a $20 CVlife bipod on my $2,000 rifle, it's because I've had it for years. It's been moved around a lot from .22 to 300 win mag, and the thing is still a tank. Not sure how they pulled it off. Will it break before a Harris? Maybe? But for $20? This isn't a buy once cry once situation. I'd buy it again in a heart beat.

FlipKing

Nice rifle! Looks good and seems to perform well now! I had an issue with my AR10 too, and took a while to work it out. Glad you stuck with it.