MY trusted Nikon Action binoculars took on water-what next?

DustyRoads

What binoculars do ya'll use?
I traditional go for Nikon but open to suggestions.
Thanks

paulito

I sent my bushnells back and they were old but they gave me the choice of a comp pair for just the shipping cost or an upgraded pairs for like $100.

menhadenman

I’ve got two sets of Nikons, one leupold, and another vortex and a couple spotting scopes. The Monarch7 10x42 are by far the best and you can find em for $400. My opinion just as good as the super high end stuff. I may spend many dozens of hours behind them each year so it’s worth having something easy on the eyes.

If you’re more of a casual hunter some of the 8x42s offered by Nikon, Vortex, Leupold, Athlon, or I hear now Hawke are all decent options.

But the M7 is like a tall glass of cool water for my eyeballs! Get to a place and out those spectacles to your head and see for yourself (y)

Good luck lots of great options these days.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Go to their website. Follow links to warranty repair. Follow the instructions.
You will end up with a new pair. Either keep or gift them.

shdw633

I had the same thing happen, I put them in some rice for a week and they dried right up

bnew17

I had a pair of nikons that were damaged. Nikon replaced them with a different model because mine were discontinued.

ghadarits

Nikon has been good to me for a really long time so I would stick with them. I have them scattered around different places I do regular looking from different homes and wouldn’t hesitate to buy another set if I needed them.

Robust Redhorse

IMHO - Leupold - best bang for the bucks

If you have the $ for excellent compacts - Leica
If you have the $ for excellent full size - Zeiss

My son got a pair of Maven compacts - He loves them

GeorgiaGlockMan

I have always had good luck with nikon.

I have 3 pairs of their binos and 4 or 5 of their rifle scopes. All have been good to great in my mind for what they are.

Sadly, I won't buy from them again for ditching hunting equipment even at an extreme discount. I smell a rat.

dannystone

I’ve got two sets of Nikons, one leupold, and another vortex and a couple spotting scopes. The Monarch7 10x42 are by far the best and you can find em for $400. My opinion just as good as the super high end stuff. I may spend many dozens of hours behind them each year so it’s worth having something easy on the eyes.

If you’re more of a casual hunter some of the 8x42s offered by Nikon, Vortex, Leupold, Athlon, or I hear now Hawke are all decent options.

But the M7 is like a tall glass of cool water for my eyeballs! Get to a place and out those spectacles to your head and see for yourself (y)

Good luck lots of great options these days.
It was a day just like any other, claimed many Americans, however, it ended like no other. The tragic events of September 11, 2001 will never be forgotten. I read about it here https://studydriver.com/9-11-essay/ and i reccomend everyone who search for information about those day to check it. The event of 9/11 is a point in American history where we can point to as a change in America’s stance on international, national, and individual security.
Nikons are really good. I have a Monarch M5 and I was just thinking of replacing it with an M7.

Last edited: