Northern Zone baiting still alive

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
I do find it disappointing that this seems to be the most important conservation issue in Georgia.

I find disappointing that people fail to realize and understand that their vote, control of their Legislative Body, is being usurped by the Executive.

If it is OK in this instance, is it OK in other instances?

I guess it will be OK if Stacy Abrams is Governor should she decide to do whatever.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
"Get out your score card and keep track of the dishonesty."

are gonna need a lot of paper and some help.

s&r

You are correct. They don't want to know, or even hear, the truth.

DNR is a branch of the Executive.

The Governor's Order muzzles your wildlife agency's wildlife biologist from responding, providing or discussing the science or any other pertinent issues that would or might be unfavorable to the activity of feeding or baiting or an expansion.

But that seems to be a welcome and accepted practice among Georgia's hunters when it benefits their opinions on the issues.

If it's acceptable now, then it is just as acceptable when it is to your detriment.

lampern

But what is wrong with Gov Deal demanding the DNR use their authority to redefine southern zone vs northern zone?

well..

"as acceptable when it is to your detriment. "

the comment was on the lack of confidence in our political system.

let there be no doubt, I am for baiting of whitetail deer during the fall, and oppose the baiting of turkeys in the spring ( no corn allowed during spring turkey season, hogs or no hogs) and oppose the baiting of migratory birds and waterfowl.

You feed all wildlife not just deer. I don't hunt baited turkeys, it is not apart of the legion.

It might sound like I am on the fence, but I am not. I don't need corn to kill deer. But, all of my neighbors are doing it. If you don't feed them you are not in the game.
I want does on my property, and if I have to feed them to keep them on it, it's something I have to do.

It's a complex issue for sure. But don't let the argument of CWD be the reason for your discord. If corn could kill deer they would already be dead. CWD is present in the Midwest and the corn is legal. Corn or no corn, it will not stop deer socialization within the herd.

IMHO and nothing more

s&r

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
"as acceptable when it is to your detriment. "

the comment was on the lack of confidence in our political system.

let there be no doubt, I am for baiting of whitetail deer during the fall, and oppose the baiting of turkeys in the spring ( no corn allowed during spring turkey season, hogs or no hogs) and oppose the baiting of migratory birds and waterfowl.

You feed all wildlife not just deer. I don't hunt baited turkeys, it is not apart of the legion.

It might sound like I am on the fence, but I am not. I don't need corn to kill deer. But, all of my neighbors are doing it. If you don't feed them you are not in the game.
I want does on my property, and if I have to feed them to keep them on it, it's something I have to do.

It's a complex issue for sure. But don't let the argument of CWD be the reason for your discord. If corn could kill deer they would already be dead. CWD is present in the Midwest and the corn is legal. Corn or no corn, it will not stop deer socialization within the herd.

IMHO and nothing more

s&r

LOTS of corn grown in the Midwest even in the states that are illegal to bait.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I do find it disappointing that this seems to be the most important conservation issue in Georgia.

I would not call baiting a "conservation issue" myself, but that's just me.

But that seems to be a welcome and accepted practice among Georgia's hunters when it benefits their opinions on the issues.

If it's acceptable now, then it is just as acceptable when it is to your detriment.

It was acceptable when it fit you're argument about not allowing "baiting".. So you were ok with it then, why are you not ok with it now? Doesn't fit you're narrative?

I'm the opposite. I don't want "big government" on my property at all. I pay my taxes and if I want to put out feeders it should be my business and my business alone. It is not infringing on you're life, liberty or you're pursuit to happiness. You're way is forcing more laws and more enforcement which means "MORE" government.. Sorry, I don't see it you're way and never will.

As far as using CWD as you're argument, there is no CWD here in the state. Baiting does not bring it. Focus you're concern on catching it before it hits the borders. You are trying to eliminate a problem on the wrong end of the spectrum.

BONE HEAD

Whereas: In 2011, HB 277 was enacted, providing a framework for deer hunters in this state practicing supplemental feeding; and

Whereas: Since 2011, the Department of Natural Resources has found no evidence that hunting over feed has directly impacted deer harvest numbers, nor has the Department observed any direct evidence of disease linked to supplemental feeding in Georgia; and

Whereas: Pursuant to O.C.G.A. 27-3-9 and 27-3-15, the Board of Natural Resources is authorized to establish Northern and Southern deer hunting zones based on sound wildlife management principles; and

Whereas: In the Southern Zone of the state hunters may hunt within two hundred yards of feed, while those in the Northern Zone may not; and

Whereas: Such a distinction produces an inequity among licensed hunters based on geography which is not necessarily tied to deer population and abundance;

NOW, THEREFORE, PURSUANT TO THE AUTHORITY VESTED IN ME AS GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF GEORGIA, IT IS HERBY

Ordered: That the Department of Natural Resources evaluate and determine an appropriate expansion of the Southern Zone and present such findings to the Board for action based on sound wildlife management principles.

They said the same thing in Mississippi.............

And did baiting deer bring it? NO!

If you think baiting is what brings CWD to a state that's silly and you're argument is void. You live in a state that has allowed baiting for as long as you can remember. How many years has that been?

How many cases of CWD exist in North Carolina? :pop::pop::pop:

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
It was acceptable when it fit you're argument about not allowing "baiting".. So you were ok with it then, why are you not ok with it now? Doesn't fit you're narrative?

I'm the opposite. I don't want "big government" on my property at all. I pay my taxes and if I want to put out feeders it should be my business and my business alone. It is not infringing on you're life, liberty or you're pursuit to happiness. You're way is forcing more laws and more enforcement which means "MORE" government.. Sorry, I don't see it you're way and never will.

As far as using CWD as you're argument, there is no CWD here in the state. Baiting does not bring it. Focus you're concern on catching it before it hits the borders. You are trying to eliminate a problem on the wrong end of the spectrum.

Why are YOU bringing CWD into this discussion?

The potential for spread of that disease, or others is only one facet of the reasons that feeding wildlife should be banned.

You're a one trick pony.:bounce:

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
So you were ok with it then, why are you not ok with it now? Doesn't fit you're narrative?

What are you talking about? When, prior to this, has the Executive issued an order to circumvent the will of the People's duly elected Legislative Body?

I'm not looking for some nonsensical rambling. Specific instances please.

Why are YOU bringing CWD into this discussion?

The potential for spread of that disease, or others is only one facet of the reasons that feeding wildlife should be banned.

You're a one trick pony.:bounce:

When that one trick is the grand finale, you only need one.. Why do you hate Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of happiness?? :bounce:

If the "potential" for spread of that or any disease is only one facet of the reasons that feeding wildlife should be banned.

There goes Western Elk and Mule deer hunting as we know it. Along with the elimination of "wintering grounds".. :biggrin2:

corn

is grown all over this country, some for harvest some for wildlife, some for both.

My point is, it is left on the stalk until mildewed and molded either on the ground or still on the stalk.

It ain't killed any deer yet, or it would not be legal to do so.

s&r

When, prior to this, has the Executive issued an order to circumvent the will of the People's duly elected Legislative Body?

I'm not looking for some nonsensical rambling. Specific instances please.

The will of “We the People” is diluted by every act to circumvent Congress. Executive actions, regulatory decrees, and discretionary enforcement can name a few ways.

Courts get involved and overturn some but not all.

In 1993, President Clinton urged Congress to enact a statute that would prohibit employers from hiring permanent replacements for workers who are on strike. Shot down by Congress in 93 & 94.. Shortly after Republicans gained control of Congress in 1995, the President issued Executive Order 12954. Which was overturned later by the courts.

Executive orders also have been used to direct foreign policy since the presidency of George Washington, when he issued a proclamation in 1793 stating that the United States would be "friendly and impartial toward the belligerent powers" of Britain and France.

President Clinton sent missiles into the Sudan and Afghanistan without asking Congress and more broadly took part in the campaign in Kosovo, while President Reagan hit Libya with air strikes and deployed troops to Grenada.

Congress did authorize President George H.W. Bush’s war against Iraq (albeit after a major troop build-up in the region already happened) and President George W. Bush’s invasion of Iraq over a decade later.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
The will of “We the People” is diluted by every act to circumvent Congress. Executive actions, regulatory decrees, and discretionary enforcement can name a few ways.

Courts get involved and overturn some but not all.

In 1993, President Clinton urged Congress to enact a statute that would prohibit employers from hiring permanent replacements for workers who are on strike. Shot down by Congress in 93 & 94.. Shortly after Republicans gained control of Congress in 1995, the President issued Executive Order 12954. Which was overturned later by the courts.

Executive orders also have been used to direct foreign policy since the presidency of George Washington, when he issued a proclamation in 1793 stating that the United States would be "friendly and impartial toward the belligerent powers" of Britain and France.

President Clinton sent missiles into the Sudan and Afghanistan without asking Congress and more broadly took part in the campaign in Kosovo, while President Reagan hit Libya with air strikes and deployed troops to Grenada.

Congress did authorize President George H.W. Bush’s war against Iraq (albeit after a major troop build-up in the region already happened) and President George W. Bush’s invasion of Iraq over a decade later.

"Well, there you go again!"

Do you know and understand the difference between Georgia's Constitution, form of government, etc. and the USA Constitution, form of government etc. ?

Apparently not.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
"Well, there you go again!"

Do you know and understand the difference between Georgia's Constitution, form of government, etc. and the USA Constitution, form of government etc. ?

Apparently not.

He would have to first understand that the Constitution gave the states control over its wildlife. Written in because they abhorred the European system of wealthy landowners owning the wildlife.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I wonder what 'animal rights activists' and other anti-hunters think about hunting deer over bait.