Not your everyday Marlin 30-30

Toliver

I miss the days, and they werent that long ago, where you could walk in a pawn shop and pickup a clean used marlin 3030 or 35 for 300-400 bucks
A coworker sold me the one I mentioned my son killing his first deer with. $150. Later he wanted to buy it back. I let him know that just was not going to happen since my boy killed his deer with it. It'll never be sold or modified as long as I'm alive.

As far as the one I started this thread about, I find it interesting but not enough so that I would make or buy one like it. Like I said, I didn't even know you could modify a Marlin with parts like that. I certainly didn't know there were any trends concerning lever guns and tactical part mix ups.

It was offered to me for sale and I said No. But then I thought I'd see what others thought about it To me it kinda looks like that mean kid from Toy Story got his hands on some gun parts and made an odd hybrid.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
There is a lid for every pot. For guys that are new generation the Tactical stuff catches their eye.
Some guys are old school and wooden stocks are all there should ever be.
I am a middle ground guy, wooden stocks, synthetic, blued, cerakote, metal, plastic, classical, tactical....it's all good to me. I don't care if there is one barrel, or barrels that are beside themselves or on top of each other.
If it goes boom and gets someone out in the woods go for it.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Here is my "why not" Marlin...View attachment 1263002View attachment 1263001

The finish you see now is at least 30 years old. It has done "behind the truck seat" duty for 20 of those years...

Nobody wanted it, in that pawn shop. So why not?
Ugly has homegrown sin Railroader. You ought to be ashamed and just give it to me to get rid of it. :ROFLMAO:

I'd hunt with that rifle for the rest of my life. I've got an old Otasco Marlin one not very different from it at all.

rosewood

I miss the days, and they werent that long ago, where you could walk in a pawn shop and pickup a clean used marlin 3030 or 35 for 300-400 bucks
I remember like $150 to $250 for one that had a little surface rust and blueing wear.

rosewood

The beauty of it is, you can buy one with classic wood and you can have one with the tacticool accessories. This is 'Merica. :)

Supressor option is nice.

Rosewood

rosewood

I killed multiple hogs at night with a IR scope sitting on top of a Marlin 1894 357 mag then later on top of a 336 30-30. That is where the IR sits right now. Hogs don't know the difference. :)

I am currently hunting with a 1893 Marlin 38-55 made about 1922 or so and wears irons.

I can have both. :)

Rosewood

chrislibby88

Here’s my thoughts, for what it’s worth. That aluminum will get cold quick and suck heat out of your hand way faster than wood or poly, and I don’t like cold hands (nicotine addict=vaso constriction=colder extremities). Also, that hollow hand guard will ring like a tuning fork when it gets dinged and danged on stuff, maybe not that bad, but it’s gonna be louder than plastic which is also louder than wood. The mlok hand guards are amazing if you want to attach lights, and foregrips, or if you wanna impress mall ninja tacticool neck beards but you don’t need any of that on a hunting gun, and it actually gets in the way when hunting out of a stand with a shooting rest. I don’t see the point on a hunting gun, but if someone loves it then I love it for them.

Low end Vortex belongs on a range toy.

I’m all for the suppressor mount though.

earlthegoat2

I have one of those ilk. Didn’t really want the X mode but it was available when I was looking for a 360 BH rifle.

I guess I am glad to have gotten it for $840 +tax as I rarely see them under $950 on the net before tax, shipping, and transfer.

Luckily the Henry wood sticks for their 30-30 and 45-70 will bolt up. Just need to acquire some.

IMG_3151.jpeg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Not my thing, put me in the why? group, too. I like my ARs, I like my traditional levers. I don't really have a desire to mix them. But, then, it's yours, so if you like it, that's what matters.