Marlin 336W 30-30 thoughts?

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
I have come into possession of a really nice, slightly used 336W 30-30 caliber Marlin. I really have no need for the gun, but it has been in my family over many, many years so thinking of keeping it. I have heard thru this forum and others that these guns have acquired value over time and appear to be a gun that many people desire presently. The gun is scopeless, if I keep it, I would have to put a Leopold scope on it (that only brand I use anymore) as my eyes are not as good in my younger days. Would this be a accurate gun for deer out to 150 yards or so?
You already nailed it!
Scope it, hunt with it, and keep it and give it to your son one day or grandkids..... or me!!!!
You'll love it Neil 150 yards all day. With new leverevlution ammo they say further than that but I've not tried.
I've been usein them for years. Many scoped Marlin lever guns. If ya need any help or wanna shoot some together at the house just holler at me!

earlthegoat2

The 336W was the economy version sold often at Walmart and KMart. Yes, they are gaining value but will most likely stagnate as Ruger starts more consistent production.

It’s a 200 yd gun with any ammo as long as you are up for it.

I personally am not he biggest fan of 30-30 but do enjoy 35 Rem, 44 Mag, and 45 Colt in lever actions.

oldways

This is my rifle I collect them when I can find them. In my opinion it’s a solid 100 yd brush gun. Look on the barrel if there’s a JM stamp it’s for sure a keeper. The first two numbers of the serial number will tell you the year it was made. I know everyone has a different idea about these guns and their capabilities. I would keep it and past down to the grandkids one day if I were you. But if you decide you don’t need it shoot me a PM and I’ll probably give it a home. Good luck to you and whatever you decide.