Now tell the truth

baddave

Do you talk to your dog while you ride down the road? I do lol. We acquired this border collie when some idiot dropped her off in front of our house at the end of a dead end road. Chipped and spayed. Owners would not respond. She's turned out to be a super cool dog. Smart as I've ever seen. And I've been raising and training labradors for the last 30 yrs. I catch myself talking to her like she's somebody while we tool down the road. To my credit, I did beat her in checkers 2 out of 3 yesterday. I bet I'm not the only one that talks to their dog.

pjciii

Do you talk to your dog while you ride down the road? I do lol. We acquired this border collie when some idiot dropped her off in front of our house at the end of a dead end road. Chipped and spayed. Owners would not respond. She's turned out to be a super cool dog. Smart as I've ever seen. And I've been raising and training labradors for the last 30 yrs. I catch myself talking to her like she's somebody while we tool down the road. To my credit, I did beat her in checkers 2 out of 3 yesterday. I bet I'm not the only one that talks to their dog.
Probably dumped because it was smarter than the husband. He had to stop getting shown up.

baddave

Probably dumped because it was smarter than the husband. He had to stop getting shown up.
Ha maybe but I think she might have bit a kid on a bicycle . She's a herding dog . Long story and I can't type that much but I think I have figured out her young life story

baddave

Those border collies are nippers. I’ve had a couple.
But the bites are seldom bad and the bitten kids usually are deserving.
She bit my wife while riding her bycycl bad. Blood bruise and all. I've since broke her of it. That helped in my figgerin her history. Maybe somebody was trying to save her life

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Those border collies are nippers. I’ve had a couple.
But the bites are seldom bad and the bitten kids usually are deserving.

Heelers are notorious for that. Samantha tries to ride herd on me all the time.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I figured everyone talked to their dogs ! I feel like Nic , I think I can understand mine when they talk back and I know they can understand me ! Especially when I say treat or eat :ROFLMAO:

Hillbilly stalker

Ive gotta a little feist dog that I’ve spent so much time a hunting with , me and him communicate well. I grunt at him a lot and he knows what I want or mean. We have been thru many many miles together. He’s pert near 9 now, I hope we have several more seasons together in the woods. He’s been a good one.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
I've done it to all mine, my buddies' and even strays, everything from yorkies, great danes, malinois to labs.

You can tell them anything and they won't tell a soul.

ghadarits

I always talk to my dogs. I wish they could speak I’d like to know what they’re thinking. Especially when we’re hunting and I’m missing.

baddave

I always talk to my dogs. I wish they could speak I’d like to know what they’re thinking. Especially when we’re hunting and I’m missing.
In my experiences they usually get over it and won't talk about it forever like people do :)

jaydawg

Always talked to all of my dogs…and they talk back…heck, mine even sing…but only for me….

dtala

I always talk to my dogs. They listen better than my wife and don't talk back or argue....LOL