Ogelthorpe 2013

bigblocktransam

Where's the does?? Still seeing lots of small bucks, does have been MIA since mid October?

bsanders

Be hunting hard the last several days. I've seen 7 different bucks in the last week. Lots of chasing going on. Had a 110" 8 pt come in and had his nose down all the way to me, 10 yards away from me to be exact. They are wide open chasing does and cruising. Get in the woods now!!!!!! I've been hunting the northern part mostly.

Arrow3

my doe sightings are down as well.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Flat woods Club is minus 2 more hogs as of Sunday. Me and my buddy took out one apiece.
His dropped instantly 125 lb. sow (processor weight). The other one was hit in the gut and even lost some of his intestine as he was running away. We tracked that pig for over 300 yards into some young planted pines. He bled pretty good for about 100 yds. Then skippy , then none.

But he cant live without those chittlins ;) so, 2 down

I posted above about a pig I shot that wouldn't die. The pic below is what I shot out of him, and he still ran. Tough pigs in Oglethorpe.

Attachments

• pig guts.jpg
    pig guts.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 1,294

Arrow3

coyotes and buzzards feasted on that one.

22 hunter

Been here for a week have seen probably 7-10 racked bucks 7-8 pointers a big boy last Saturday and Tuesday best chasing the last 2 days 5 different bucks wide open

frdstang90

Slow on our place. My son and I basically hunted all day Sunday and saw 1 doe. We did see 7 does heading out of the club after dark though.

Buford_Dawg

Think it may be over...

We saw about 5 days of good chasing on our club in North OC a week back. This week has been slow according to my dad and another member who have hunted some this week. Seeing no deer at all, I do not know if they are locked up or what. There have been some really nice bucks taken around the county I understand over the last 2 weeks. Saw several at Hicks and Firetower recently.

Triple C

We saw about 5 days of good chasing on our club in North OC a week back. This week has been slow according to my dad and another member who have hunted some this week. Seeing no deer at all, I do not know if they are locked up or what. There have been some really nice bucks taken around the county I understand over the last 2 weeks. Saw several at Hicks and Firetower recently.

Same at our place last week. Bucks were out and cruising. They all got a free pass in hopes they make it thru another year. Really cool to watch em come in and never lift the bow or gun...just glass em thru the binocs. Many folks reporting about as many buck sightings as doe sightings. Remember 15 or 20 years ago...For most, including me, if it had horns it got harvested. Seems you would see 10 does to every buck back then. Today it seems close to 50/50 on buck vs doe sightings and the bucks are getting bigger and bigger!

bsanders

I saw 2 bucks chasing a doe and a buck bedded down with a doe yesterday thru the work day. Seems to be spotty all thru out the county. But the northern part is by far "hotter" than the southern.

Buford_Dawg

I am looking...

OC Hunters, I am actively looking to subsidize my OC lease with another property in OC. I have always liked to hunt several places and my Elbert county land was lost this fall due to land sale and now full clear cutting in progress, so my hunting has been pretty much limited to one property in north part of OC. I hate to overhunt a lease. I am looking to join a club or start up a club with idea of not shooting the small bucks and letting them grow big. I and my sons are very particular in what we pull the trigger on and prefer to join same group of hunters. Arrow, I saw your post about starting up a club in the other deer hunting forum, if you find something in OC that you need a additional member or group of members, please let me know. I am looking in North part of county, but if the property and group of hunters fit, I would look around the area. I have also put this ask in the Looking for Lease section. Oh, and for a deer report, my buddies hunting in the SC / Glades area are reporting very little deer sightings this week. Several Yotes seen and shot at though. Good luck to all and if you come upon something, please PM me.