Old-Timey Barbershop

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Yes I vaguely remember hearing about that soldier getting hurt from a barber massage. :( I never opted for the massage, especially from a male barber. I just don't like men squeezing on me.
we had mainly if not all female, you must have been at an Army base ;) ::ke:

Oldstick

Here's what we now have trying to pass for one in the Perry/Warner Robins area. But in fairness, they do a good job and I have started going there regularly. I just feel like I'm 125 years old every time I go in.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
If he was the one in the shopping center on Rockbridge at 78,parl place, then no. Its a black barber shop now.
Get you a TWA, G2G

The barbershop I’ve gone to all my life was no salon. Fishing and hunting magazine rack, tv, real coke machine with glass bottles, bass mounts and deer head mounts, coffee pot and cigar smoke. Use to have a shoeshine chair and an old black man who shined shoes too. One of the barbers also rebuilt small engines for tillers and mowers, and one worked on guitars, fiddles, and banjos. It finally closed down and my wife cuts my hair out in the back yard under a live oak now. Grandson loves watching his Granny cut my hair with some old electric sheep shears. Always yells “skin a cat Granny, skin a cat!”

Liberty

Sounds good!
Little out of range for me,though.
Maybe I'll build one here in Lagrange!
Injun Joe on Bull Street has to be retired by now. I use to get my hair cut there 30ish years ago when I lived in town. I’d ride up into Lagrange to get my ears lowered and eat at Charlie Joseph’s if you did open up shop.

Last edited:

snuffy

Mr, Gibson's when I was growing up in Locusts Grove back in the 50,s and 60,s. Had a pool room in the back and you could but A cigerette. Had to be the brand he had open at the time.
Don't even remember seeing a female in the place though.