One of many reasons the Christian faith is easy, and the burden is light.

WaltL1

i personally don't want prayer in schools. Those with blinders usually will not agree. However, prayer in school means that a budist teacher can influence my kids to pray to buda. And I may not know anything about it. And can't do anything about it. So, I prefer it be banned since it's not limited to only my belief... which I admit is not fair to the budist. Groups within, well that's a different story but where and how do you draw the line. Public prayer, not including school, different as well. Whom ever to who ever, i have no problem there
However, prayer in school means that a budist teacher can influence my kids to pray to buda
since we have to allow everyone to practice their religion, it’s either all or none
And you both know in this day and age of multi cultural, multi religion, no religion etc a school that allows one religion to be recognized and not another is going to be sued etc from every direction.

Baroque Brass

Yeah that's pretty much what Im talking about.
If you want to teach YEC thats fine with me as long as you teach it at YOUR Christian schools.
Teach whatever you want, pray whenever you want, live by whatever rules you want, deny whatever you want etc etc....
Unfortunately Christianity or pretty much any organized religion for that matter, all share a common issue - none of them seem to be able to or want to keep it to themselves/their schools/homes/churches etc. Quite the opposite.
Christians are expected to “witness and tell others about Christ”. That’s just one of the problems I have with organized religion. When I’m ready to believe, I’ll know it and make that decision on my own.

WaltL1

Christians are expected to “witness and tell others about Christ”. That’s just one of the problems I have with organized religion. When I’m ready to believe, I’ll know it and make that decision on my own.
“witness and tell others about Christ”
And I really don't have a problem with that.
I was married at one point so developed the skills to basically turn my ears off :)
The problem is when "witnessing and tell others" turns into infiltrating laws, schools etc etc.

Israel

BANNED
I was married at one point so developed the skills to basically turn my ears off :)
The problem is when "witnessing and tell others" turns into infiltrating laws, schools etc etc.

"Good" education...vs "bad"? "Good" laws vs. bad?

Or is it only the source? Does majority matter? Not matter? Is minority a factor to be considered...even if it be only down to one? Is a benevolent King better than a fickle and solely self interested populace? Could there be such a thing that is beyond mere concept or theory? Benevolent King?

What is my vote except the manifest declaration of how I would like to live...but even more so...how you should?
My arms are around all my supporters at work.vote.jpg

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader

But - the reality is that this traces back to the 13 Colonies. Some feel that we are slowly getting away from what made us who we are and part of our reason to settle - escape religious persecution and intolerance of faith.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_law

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_laws_in_the_United_States

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_the_Thirteen_Colonies

Last edited:

WaltL1

"Good" education...vs "bad"? "Good" laws vs. bad?

Or is it only the source? Does majority matter? Not matter? Is minority a factor to be considered...even if it be only down to one? Is a benevolent King better than a fickle and solely self interested populace? Could there be such a thing that is beyond mere concept or theory? Benevolent King?

What is my vote except the manifest declaration of how I would like to live...but even more so...how you should?
My arms are around all my supporters at work.View attachment 993258
All good questions Israel.
By the way, hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
My opinions -
"Good" education...vs "bad"?
Im not sure these days at what age the students "choose" what classes/electives they are going to take but....
"Good education" would = a "Religions of the World" elective. Educating young folks of the various religions without pushing one religion over the other.
"Bad education" = We are going to pray a Christian prayer every morning, pushing Christianity over the others etc.
Thats not education, thats indoctrination.
Or is it only the source? Does majority matter? Not matter? Is minority a factor to be considered...
Or is it only the source? Does majority matter? Not matter? Is minority a factor to be considered...
As a society I think we have chosen that yes "the minority" has rights and should be considered. In the not too distant future Christians may appreciate that quite a bit.
Is a benevolent King better than a fickle and solely self interested populace?
Is a benevolent King better than a fickle and solely self interested populace? I guess that would depend on who you ask.
Thats true. And basically voting results reflect which way society wants to go. Thats how we do it. I also dont think its coincidence that a candidate's religion is NOT something the candidates push too hardwhen seeking election.
And great pic. Im not going to ask who your shirt may be directed to ;)

Israel

BANNED
All good questions Israel.
By the way, hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
My opinions -

Im not sure these days at what age the students "choose" what classes/electives they are going to take but....
"Good education" would = a "Religions of the World" elective. Educating young folks of the various religions without pushing one religion over the other.
"Bad education" = We are going to pray a Christian prayer every morning, pushing Christianity over the others etc.
Thats not education, thats indoctrination.

As a society I think we have chosen that yes "the minority" has rights and should be considered. In the not too distant future Christians may appreciate that quite a bit.
I guess that would depend on who you ask.

Thats true. And basically voting results reflect which way society wants to go. Thats how we do it. I also dont think its coincidence that a candidate's religion is NOT something the candidates push too hardwhen seeking election.
And great pic. Im not going to ask who your shirt may be directed to ;)

LOL.

Im not going to ask who your shirt may be directed to

Me. First.

First I have to be the one "able" to wear it. How much do I want stuff..."my way?"
Oh, I can't deny having preferences, and being moved by them greatly and often. Some might even fairly say incessantly.
But I think you got a handle on a certain notion that touches (at least in concept, and may even be by better practice than my own) a principle that if, as a christian I claim to be, goes very much along the lines of a thing mentioned (may I?) in the "duh duh duhhhhh" (that's the spelled out version of that short burst of musical tones that used to accompany the revealing of who the killer was in old movies)... Bible. duh duh duh ....

So speak and so act as those who are to be judged by the law of liberty.

Something is always showing me those places where I not only think my will is best...but also seeking to impose it. The tool of use in that hand for this showing is frustration. There's only one place it ain't...

WaltL1

But - the reality is that this traces back to the 13 Colonies. Some feel that we are slowly getting away from what made us who we are and part of our reason to settle - escape religious persecution and intolerance of faith.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_law

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_laws_in_the_United_States

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_the_Thirteen_Colonies
That's true.
However now, escaping religious persecution and intolerance of faith INCLUDES escaping Christian persecution and escaping Christianities intolerance of other faiths.
I think thats reflected by tossing it out of public schools, buying beer on Sundays and a number of other "reversals" of Christian domination.

Israel

BANNED
That's true.
However now, escaping religious persecution and intolerance of faith INCLUDES escaping Christian persecution and escaping Christianities intolerance of other faiths.
I think thats reflected by tossing it out of public schools, buying beer on Sundays and a number of other "reversals" of Christian domination.

Somewhere a thing got attached to the name of Christ that is not of Christ.

A self preservation thing, a thing testifying to only its own necessity to persist, to preserve itself by means not found in Christ...to not only justify resistance of persecutions...but to aggressively attack that which persecutes. Even to the death.
So crusades, in whatever form...are not only justified...but embraced as holy and godly ventures.

What is more appealing to what a believer recognizes as the "old nature" than to find not only excuse, but inducement to "kill" in the Lord's name? I mean...what better cover is there than that, what better justification...than that? In this there is little difference in all religion, whether it be the justified plowing of airliners into tall buildings...or Northern Ireland's once throes. What banner is safer (seeming) than "God is on our side!"...so take that infidel!

And killing takes many forms...but the operation is always the same...the removal, by whatever unrighteous means to what appears "unlike". It's just a god clad form of the most base tribalism. We are pretty expert at developing these...under whatever guise we can to ensure the preservation of self. And tribalism is just self...written a bit larger...to group identity.

Last edited: