Outhouse Blind

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Went to Wally World yesterday and bought one of those little outhouse hunt'n blinds. My question is, what to do about hunter orange. How do you plave hunter orange to be in compliance with the law? I will wear my orange while in the blind. I believe in the law requiring orange and would wear it during muzzle loader or firearms season whether reqired or not. But, I want to be safe in this blind as well. Thought about getting some orange vinyl and place on a tree near me. What do yall say?

Mossy0ak270

i have the doghouse blind and I wear my orange at all times ofourse. Even though nobody is suppose to be around me I can see where thats a pretty good idea. maybe just lap it over the top just a bit, enough for someone to see it. Especially if its in really thick cover to wear you cant even hardly see the blind. some idiot may see movement in the "bushes" and shoot at it.

Ldgat

I bought a used doghouse blind a few days ago. What is everyones opinion on these types of blinds? Do they spook deer? I will be hunting on property that I do not feel comfortable leaving it or any stand out because theives. Lord, I wish that it was only a $20 fine to shoot them! :shoot: Anyway, What do ya'll think of them?
Dewayne

Lostoutlaw

Good Idea

Heck Paymaster that sounds like a good Idea even if I don't care for the blaze orange..

beginnersluck

I always pin a blaze orange vest to the dome of the blind so that it can be seen. My buddy has pinned flaggers tape (about 10 pieces) to his. Most of all, if you are hunting private land, make sure other hunters know where you are. I wouldn't want to use the blind on public land :eek: !

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Thanks Yall.

RustyJeep

Ldgat said:
I will be hunting on property that I do not feel comfortable leaving it or any stand out because theives. Lord, I wish that it was only a $20 fine to shoot them!
Dewayne

I think they should give us a $20 reward if we shoot them. They stole my brand new doghouse in June.