Polishing up a retriever

sadler2

I recently got (yesterday) a 2 year old BLF that is force fetched, Collar Conditioned, Obedience, was told she was started on blinds. She's been a pet for the last few months. And needs to be polished up. Plan is to acclimate her to her new home for the next few days then it's back to work. Gonna reinstate her Obedience she will sit, stay, heel, here, down. Got her home last night run a little of what she knew for me first time out the box. She will sit/stay as I walk away but soon as I turn back to her she breaks (pretty easy fix). She will Fetch bumper on the ground on command, from seated position bumper on ground in front of her then back to sit, but she has gotten "lazy" so to speak with her hold. My question is more on the FF side. Should I put her back on the table and do a full FF refresher? Or do i put the collar on her and see if she takes back to the pressure relief of FF? Then walking force, force to pile. Plan to continue her training into casting, land T, water T and so as far as I can go with her. What's the best way to get her back into the groove of being a working dog.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I’m not a retriever guy more upland oriented. Dogs need to be worked and they actually love the time you spend with them. I use the table to work on hold and the table should work for FF refreshing. That may be all she needs to understand what you expect from her. FF training is something I need my GSP to go thru.

Latest posts