Poll: Should DNR Officers Wear Blaze Orange????

Should DNR Agents Wear Blaze Orange???

• Yes

Votes: 262 87.3%
  • No

Votes: 27 9.0%
  • Don't Know/Don't Care

Votes: 11 3.7%

• Total voters

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Throwback,

Are you ready for the "my great uncles friend who lived down the street was hunting legal one time a game warden walked up on him and charged him hunting over bait, at night with a .22 rim fire-and -and -and know what? He wasn't wearing any orange!!!"

10 minutes?

2 hours?

Tomorrow?

Next week?

Mark my words some knuckledragger is going to post it and probably sooner rather than later.

:bounce::cry::bounce:

MooseZ71

Seriously? The only reason anybody should have a problem with LE Officers not wearing orange is if: #1 You're a terrible woodsman and afraid you're going to shoot them yourself or #2 you're planning on some form of illegal hunting and don't want to get caught. Either way, let me know where you hunt so that I do not get anywhere near you!!!

dominantpredator

It is your responsiblility to know your target and their responsiblility to be able to get up on violators unseen. Half of their success comes from their ability to "surprise" a poacher. People need to start taking responsibility for their own actions and quit expecting everyone else to do it for them. JMO.

If that is the case with a hunter knowing his/her target.....why should anyone wear blaze orange?:crazy:

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Throwback,

Are you ready for the "my great uncles friend who lived down the street was hunting legal one time a game warden walked up on him and charged him hunting over bait, at night with a .22 rim fire-and -and -and know what? He wasn't wearing any orange!!!"

10 minutes?

2 hours?

Tomorrow?

Next week?

Mark my words some knuckledragger is going to post it and probably sooner rather than later.

Well, since you mentioned it. My uncle, who was the best hunter I ever knew, was coyote hunting one time with a deer rifle in deer stand over a corn feeder and a mineral lick with a buck grunt call on his neck and tinks 69 out on a cotton ball on opening day of deer season and he got a ticket for hunting DEER without a fluorescent orange vest AND a hunting deer over bait ticket. AND HE WAS COYOTE HUNTING!! :mad::mad:

Oh, and the game warden didn't have on his orange vest because he stepped out of his truck one step and just looked UP from the main road in the hunting club so I better call and complain on HIM for not having on his orange vest. Maybe he'll get fired.

T

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Well, since you mentioned it. My uncle, who was the best hunter I ever knew, was coyote hunting one time with a deer rifle in deer stand over a corn feeder and a mineral lick with a buck grunt call on his neck and tinks 69 out on a cotton ball on opening day of deer season and he got a ticket for hunting DEER without a fluorescent orange vest AND a hunting deer over bait ticket. AND HE WAS COYOTE HUNTING!! :mad::mad:

Oh, and the game warden didn't have on his orange vest because he stepped out of his truck one step and just looked UP from the main road in the hunting club so I better call and complain on HIM for not having on his orange vest. Maybe he'll get fired.

T

:bounce: You're a quick study!:bounce:

dominantpredator

Yep!!! I had a cop stop me one night when I followed him at 78 m.p.h. on I-85 for like five miles. I figured if he was speeding I could also. He asked if I thought I was above the law. I told him " no sir" do you think you are? Yes I did get the ticket!:banginghe My point was, if he was speeding why couldnt I ? So back to the wardens, if I have to wear a vest to be safe why doesnt he wear one?

:rofl::rofl:Man....you got balls. That is so true though. I believe you should have went to court. He is not supposed to speed just for the heck of it. What if ambulances did that just to be faster to get somewhere for the heck of it(non emergency)?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Throwback,

10 minutes?

2 hours?

Tomorrow?

Next week?

You know my great uncle's friend too? He's a real popular guy. :bounce:

BPR

I suspect that the people that the DNR worries about the most wouldn't care if they had on orange or not.

This arguement reminds me of the people that got pulled over by an unmarked police car and think thats it should be against the law.

Randy

If the woods are so dangerous that hunters need to wear orange then ANY person walking in the woods during hunting season should have on orange.

01Foreman400

Staff member
They should have to call you before they come on to the property. ::ke: :rofl:

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Only 5% or less of the whole population hunts folks.

T

T

ToLog

Only 5% or less of the whole population hunts folks.

T

while we all jest and have fun, :bounce:, who remembers that hiker on the Appalachian Trail a couple of years ago that was accidently shot?

remember, the operative word is "accidental."

to not wear a vest in the woods during big-game season is a stretch bordering upon over-confidence, imho. :type:

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
From the attitudes of many around here and actions of others around the state, I'm about ready to say screw the orange unless it is merely a cover for the Kevlar!

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
while we all jest and have fun, :bounce:, who remembers that hiker on the Appalachian Trail a couple of years ago that was accidently shot?

remember, the operative word is "accidental."

to not wear a vest in the woods during big-game season is a stretch bordering upon over-confidence, imho. :type:

The word "accident" implies that is was not controllable, or stoppable on anyone's part.

It wasn't an accident, it was a crime.

T

T

ToLog

It wasn't an accident, it was a crime.

T

i'm quite clueless, since i'm not a lawyer, nor an ethicist of any qualification.

maybe all "accidents & crimes" can be tried at the State Court in Fulton County, Atlanta Georgia?? that's the Capitol, and that's where such issues should be resolved, right?? :bounce:

if PETA says its a crime, is it? are you a member of PETA? :offtopic:

Latest posts