Price of Deer Feeds

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Some of my white clover. Back yard plot. 378B262C-648B-4FCC-A047-CDFFA4CBCD11.jpeg

Attachments

• A983E084-ED9C-460D-80BF-730A985206FE.jpeg
    A983E084-ED9C-460D-80BF-730A985206FE.jpeg
    611.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 7E05FF84-AEA5-45F3-AF7E-47399E29E270.jpeg
    7E05FF84-AEA5-45F3-AF7E-47399E29E270.jpeg
    611.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 5CA36108-8E0E-438E-9342-5C98FFCE21B1.jpeg
    5CA36108-8E0E-438E-9342-5C98FFCE21B1.jpeg
    611.6 KB · Views: 2

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
This thread sure got way off of what the original poster wanted to talk about.
Just showing my protein feed. Prices of feeds has about doubled in 10 years. I can’t afford pallets of feed. I know sone can. I grow mine now.

White clover contains from 17 to 33% protein (DM) (about 23% on average). Crude protein decreases with maturity, from 25% to 20% DM between the vegetative and the bloom stage for a French white clover.

To answer your question , I don’t think one is that much better than the others.
I would agree with this. Theee maybe alittle variance between them but I don’t think it would be significant. I would buy what I could afford if that’s the way I was going to go

SRShunter

Man you know it's tough for us people to stay on topic nowadays. I'm very guilty of it myself. Just one thing leads to another. My old hamster is probably sick and tired of spinning my wheel.

I hear what y’all are saying and a lot of the info is valid for sure. If I came here to find out information about xyz and couldn’t get that for going on all kind of different directions isn’t helpful. I realize there is the on topic section and all just giving a different perspective

HavocLover

To answer your question , I don’t think one is that much better than the others.

Totally agree. I will say, in all the ones mentioned, I’m only familiar with 3 of them. Haven’t ever heard of the other 3, unless that Sportmans Choice is the one that’s sold in Tractor Supply then I have. Either way… they get to the point where they all get extremely gimmicky in their marketing. IMO 4S is the only one that runs a straight up- solid marketing side of things. No gimmicks so it seems and forthcoming with most the details. I’ve seen a lot of their SM post where they’ll straight up say, “this is a fenced plantation customer.” Meanwhile, one of the other brands, they have a fenced operation but they try their very best not to mention it. Another brand, they’re in one of the best parts of the state surrounded by tons of big money, like minded folks. So many factors go into big deer, but when you’re trying to push your product and act like it’s solely your feed that got said deer to this point, it’s very misleading IMO.

And another one of those brands mentioned… I was in my local feed store that’s owned by a buddy of mine. He was telling me how one of these owners give him slack about carrying a competitors products as well as his. I’m sorry, but harassing a little man that’s making what, $1.50-2.00 off each bag of feed?? I can’t support that. Haven’t bought a bag of that product since.

Last edited: