Procrastination

doomtrpr_z71

I put it off long enough but now this stupid thing is blooming I finally pulled to trigger
PXL_20230226_223549102.MP.jpg

and finished my winter project, updating my console

PXL_20230226_223352583.jpg

Added cupholders, glove box, modern radio, infinity speakers, and new cushions for the leaning post, now just need to find the time to chase some convicts.

GunnSmokeer

Nice boat.

Speaking of procrastination,

when I was teenager back in the middle 1980's I read a newspaper story about this group called The Procrastinator's Club.

I said to myself, I ought to join that Club. I'm a perfect fit for it. But the newspaper article didn't include their address or contact info. I thought "I'll look them up one day, at the library, when I get a round to it."

Well, a decade later the internet was invented and I had a home computer with AOL as a search engine / browser. I thought "this is a good time to try searching for the Procrastinator's Club. I found their address, printed that page (from a dot-matrix printer on tractor-feed folded paper). I put that paper on my desk pending "some spare time" to write the letter and inquire about applying and paying my dues to join.

A decade later I finally got inspired to join, but I'd lost that sheet of tractor-feed printer paper. So I used Internet Explorer on my new computer to look up the Club all over again, and this time it was only a few years (not a whole decade) before I sent them a completed application with a check.

So, all in all it took me about 25 years to apply to join the PROCRASTINATOR'S CLUB.

THE CLUB PRESIDENT (and Founder) replied in about 10 days, sending me new membership package with a suitable-for-framing certificate!
LESS THAN 2 WEEKS? ! ? What kind of Procrastinators do they have over at that Club, anyway?

in fairness, the old guy who founded the Club was in his late 80s
then,
and he died shortly afterward.
I guess he was speeding up in his old age. So I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that.

doomtrpr_z71

Nice boat.

Speaking of procrastination,

when I was teenager back in the middle 1980's I read a newspaper story about this group called The Procrastinator's Club.

I said to myself, I ought to join that Club. I'm a perfect fit for it. But the newspaper article didn't include their address or contact info. I thought "I'll look them up one day, at the library, when I get a round to it."

Well, a decade later the internet was invented and I had a home computer with AOL as a search engine / browser. I thought "this is a good time to try searching for the Procrastinator's Club. I found their address, printed that page (from a dot-matrix printer on tractor-feed folded paper). I put that paper on my desk pending "some spare time" to write the letter and inquire about applying and paying my dues to join.

A decade later I finally got inspired to join, but I'd lost that sheet of tractor-feed printer paper. So I used Internet Explorer on my new computer to look up the Club all over again, and this time it was only a few years (not a whole decade) before I sent them a completed application with a check.

So, all in all it took me about 25 years to apply to join the PROCRASTINATOR'S CLUB.

THE CLUB PRESIDENT (and Founder) replied in about 10 days, sending me new membership package with a suitable-for-framing certificate!
LESS THAN 2 WEEKS? ! ? What kind of Procrastinators do they have over at that Club, anyway?

in fairness, the old guy who founded the Club was in his late 80s
then,
and he died shortly afterward.
I guess he was speeding up in his old age. So I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that.
I blame spending too much time in college on my procrastination :ROFLMAO:

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Did you know that if you wait for the phone to ring more than once before answering is...

Telecrastination

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
That club had a meeting last week, but it was postponed.
Indefinitely.

notnksnemor

I was going to reply to this yesterd.........

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Wheres that rabbit hole again?

notnksnemor

Can't be last I remembered they were in the back seat of truck and they sure ain't there lol
You've posted pictures of the dash of your truck, if they're up there you might as well go buy new.

:rofl: