Procrastination

doomtrpr_z71

You've posted pictures of the dash of your truck, if they're up there you might as well go buy new.

:rofl:
giphy.gif

doomtrpr_z71

Where did you mount your speakers and how? Sides of the console? Cut holes with what?
One on each side of the console, 2 in the front of it, I had a pyle radio and pulled it out and replaced it with a glove box and installed a kicker Guage type radio. I've always had cheap Pyle or boss radios and speakers, I'm glad I spent extra on the kicker radio and infinity speakers for once.

PXL_20230322_194049269.MP.jpgPXL_20230322_194039964.jpgPXL_20230322_194101803.jpg

HortDawg

Nice, I didn’t know if it would be worth using the din for a new head unit or the gauge style. I guess it depends on space needs. What’s the best tool to cut the fiberglass? I have a rotozip tool I thought would be easier and smoother hole.

doomtrpr_z71

Nice, I didn’t know if it would be worth using the din for a new head unit or the gauge style. I guess it depends on space needs. What’s the best tool to cut the fiberglass? I have a rotozip tool I thought would be easier and smoother hole.
The absolute best thing is to buy metric holesaws, 130mm is perfect for 6.5in speakers and it was $7. I will say this as well the holesaw for the gauge style according to the template in the box was 3 5/8in and that was a bit large, the new manuals say 3in but a 80mm holesaw will be perfect for cheap. I have tried rotozips on fiberglass and I have never been able to cut a straight line and it's worth the 7.99 for the holesaw because it so easy to do with it. I cut the console for the glovebox with a titanium coated wood blade on an oscillating tool, it's a lot easier to me to use than a jigsaw to get straight lines in fiberglass.

slow motion

https://a.co/d/cyH7fDF.

Obcursco Boat Light LED, 12V LED Boat Interior Light for Boat Deck LED Transom Mount Light, LED Boat Courtesy Light.

That's the link on Amazon, comes in a pack of 4.
Is the green less spooky to the fish? Definitely plenty bright in your pic. Just curious. Can't go fishing yet. Relying on yall for my saltwater fix.

doomtrpr_z71

Is the green less spooky to the fish? Definitely plenty bright in your pic. Just curious. Can't go fishing yet. Relying on yall for my saltwater fix.
That I couldn't tell you but I had to do stuff with dark adapted leaves in grad school and we used green headlamps because you didn't lose your night vision with green so that's why I went with green.